Anime Studio 8 Already?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

digitalartguru wrote:
MegaTrousers wrote:Hey everyone. Been using pro7 for a while, just got 8 today and noticed something that made me so happy I had to register and post. Transparent Gradients!!!! :D
Can you post an image sample?
Hehe, I was waiting somebody notice this :)
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
bobele

WOW

Post by bobele »

Simple... WOW :D

Just did my upgrade from v7 and played around with v8 for a while. Seems rock solid so far. And the Character Wizard is what blows me away...

"Wait", I hear you. "It´s too limited. Those Characters look like poo!". And yes, you´re right.

I just took a file for reference from the folder Programs/Anime Studio 8/Character Wizard/Eyes, replaced all Graphics in it by my own, saved it as "MyCoolEyes.anme", copied it to the same folder and voila: Character Wizard now offers me my own Eyes and with them all its functionality (placement, sizing etc.). It will just take some time for everybody to have their own library of parts to build very unique Figures very easily. Perfect :D

I tried Image Tracing with some of my work from Manga Studio and I was very pleased with those result, too. So these two features alone made it worth upgrading.
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

selgin wrote:
digitalartguru wrote:
MegaTrousers wrote:Hey everyone. Been using pro7 for a while, just got 8 today and noticed something that made me so happy I had to register and post. Transparent Gradients!!!! :D
Sweet. Thanks for the post!
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Yes I have been waiting for the transperency option in gradient! Great!! :D

I made a tiny try on the autotrace function as well here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRD3xA0-GOc

It's a color image traced with the b/w option, texture shape and animated with the magnet tool.
digitalartguru

Post by digitalartguru »

ulrik wrote:Yes I have been waiting for the transperency option in gradient! Great!! :D

I made a tiny try on the autotrace function as well here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRD3xA0-GOc

It's a color image traced with the b/w option, texture shape and animated with the magnet tool.
Very cool!
rave

Post by rave »

Hello,
I have bought 'AS 8 too :-)
The first question: I can not stop handheld camera in Studio 8 - who can help?
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

hey rave, right click on the camera keyframe in the timeline, you'll see it has been set to noisy, change it to smooth or other.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

From that screenshot I see that they again didn't include the interpolation prefs in the timeline bar, right? It's hidden in the general prefs, like in 6 and 7?

How about being able to edit multiple layer properties? (Select multiple layers, change all to some layer property value in one go)

Makes me postpone updating again ...
jezjones29

Post by jezjones29 »

How about being able to edit multiple layer properties? (Select multiple layers, change all to some layer property value in one go)
Nope. Would be nice.

There is a new 'F5' Quick preview that could come in handy (just in case someone missed it - like I did)

From the help file: "The F5 Function Key command; This will create a low res movie preview of the work area in the timeline if no work area us defined it will render a preview of the entire timeline. This feature was not included in the documentation."
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

The F5 preview has been around since at least v5.6.
rave

Post by rave »

@jonbo - thank you for the tip - but this do not stop the handheld cam.
sorry
Last edited by rave on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

Rave, I just checked again. When you activate the handheld camera script, a key frame for camera tracking, roll, and tilt each appear on frame zero. When I right click on each keyframe and choose smooth or linear or step etc.. the key frames disappear. You have to do this for all three keyframes. Then the handheld effect is gone.
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

Diana Kennedy wrote:Well, the quality of the traced image is not very convincing :?
Yes, I played around with it for a bit. Image trace is ok.
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

selgin wrote:
digitalartguru wrote:
By the way, I just tried it and transparent gradients can be used as masks as well. It makes AS's masking system so powerful now that it's scary :shock:!
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

Rudiger wrote:By the way, I just tried it and transparent gradients can be used as masks as well. It makes AS's masking system so powerful now that it's scary :shock:!
Wow, that's pretty cool. I will use that, had tried in earlier versions and felt some frustration when it wouldn't work.

Also, just for the record, MegaTrousers your username is my favourite and I am actually quite jealous.