Anime Studio 8 Already?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

benecosse

Post by benecosse »

It's mentioned at 1.18 and it's an option in the Styles palette to add 'rounded caps'
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Ah, there it is! That's great and something I've been wanting for a long time (I even wrote a script that sort of did it).
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

all will revealed on Friday in the Webinar...
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

dazza101

Post by dazza101 »

Lots of info on v8 posted now on Smith Micro's AS website, including a comparison of features in Pro vs Debut.
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

I'm a bit confused.

On their latest email Smith Micro says, regarding the June 8 price reduction:

"Upgrade to Anime Studio Debut 8 for only $14.99 reg 49.99
Or get all the tools you need for full-length animations and upgrade to
Anime Studio Pro 8 for only $99.99 reg $199.99"

On the website it says:

Beginners will love Anime Studio Debut 8 for only $19.99 reg 49.99
Or get all the tools you need for full-length animations with
Anime Studio Pro 8 for only $129.99 reg $199.99"

So what now? 99 or 129.99 ?
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Diana Kennedy wrote:
So what now? 99 or 129.99 ?
It says 99.99 the first 5 days, then 129.99 for the upgrade
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

And Patch Layer is for joints
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Oh, the vector shape selector is very handy and something I've been wanting to have.

Edit: Where did you find out about the patch tool? How does it work with joints?
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

youtube
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

That looks interesting. Hurry up and get here june 8!
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Yet another AWESOME feature!
~Danimal
benecosse

Post by benecosse »

+1
Last edited by benecosse on Thu May 05, 2016 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crsP

Post by crsP »

Danimal, you're a moron. The 'if' statement is conditional - if you wanted to discuss with me, the very least you could do was to read up on the previous conversation. There is no invite to you as you clearly lack the mental capacity. I find it funny to see you now change your 'selfish' persona in other threads - a clear admittance that you were behaving like a douche. You really think your childish attempts at reverse psychology will work on me? What a joke. The fact is you were wounded by the comments related to people using auto-wizards [ironically made by ponysmasher, but I will fully admit to having some agreement on his views]. You were the one who went off topic, and if you are afraid of words then that is your business, as I will continue to use as many as I wish. An certainly would not hesitate to defend myself from such obnoxious asses, such as yourself, who make false claims against me. Strange to me that the reason people who want to use these scripts that take away all the creative process from the user is that the story is the most important thing. Yet you are fearful of words. Anyway, you're dismissed.

Just saw that link to the patch layer. I was thinking it might be something like this - the difference is I thought you would make your own vector shapes as the mask. It is a bit worrying that in the demonstration video, the patch layer for the shoulder hid the line when the arm was raised up, which is not what you would want. I wonder if there are more shapes or if the shape is more customisable?

The Global styles should also be per layer - so you could, for example have an animated chalk layer background but keep your character 'normal'. In motion the effect doesn't seem like it's drawn at all. In fact, the scribbled examples looked like pubes. Which would be more useful confined to a pubic layer.

The resulting characters from the wizard leaves a lot to be desired, but I think this will be a popular feature, as many of the examples I see posted on youtube are of people using the supplied content and rotating the arms 720 degrees just to get some motion. Also I see those default mouth shapes everywhere.
madriver

Post by madriver »

Seems like the Character Builder is used for developing concepts, as it says in the youtube video description.

Have yet to see a custom designed character created from scratch.

The patch mask tool rocks, and the vector trace could be very useful for doing turns, fbf moves or anything else you don't wish to keyframe. Too many points makes it inadequate for boning, etc., I would think...