Need help Drawing a Planet exp. Earth

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Kayoda_Zender

Need help Drawing a Planet exp. Earth

Post by Kayoda_Zender »

Hey guy's got anime studio pro 7 and i wanna create a Planet in space that kind of looks like Earth.

My problem is that the type of detail that i want to do i'm not sure if it is possible to do it with out it looking really cartoony in anime studio.

What is the best program to do it in anime studio or photoshop? and is it possible to make a 3d planet in anime studio pro 7?
You have the Power to For fill Your dream no one can do it for you. Never Give up.
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

It is possible to create such things with ASP, it just depends from your knowledge of the tools...you can of course create a planet in photshop, but if you do that in ASP you will have all the advantages of a vector application...A real 3d planet i don't know if it's possible but I think that with masking option and point animation you can create a working animatable fake 3d planet.
Kayoda_Zender

Post by Kayoda_Zender »

Awww thanks man i'm in the process of doing it now just takeing my time with it. Thanks for the advice.
You have the Power to For fill Your dream no one can do it for you. Never Give up.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

You can easily create a 3d planet on AS 7 pro.
Check this anme file
http://www.mediafire.com/?67nyjbn4daaz3gj
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

WOW! Thanks Selgin! You always come with some good trick!
Kayoda_Zender

Post by Kayoda_Zender »

selgin wrote:You can easily create a 3d planet on AS 7 pro.
Check this anme file
Dude that's crazy do you have tutorial on how u did that?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Kayoda_Zender wrote:
selgin wrote:You can easily create a 3d planet on AS 7 pro.
Check this anme file
Dude that's crazy do you have tutorial on how u did that?
Ok, I'll try

- First draw an exact semicircle of 3 points (use the grid to help you to get it)
- Then fill your semicircle, go to style window (advanced checked) and as stroke effect choose "image texture" and then select the image you want (it's important to have the image in the same directory the anme file is, to avoid problems later). Be sure your painted shape is selected before choosing the effect
- Now open the layer proprieties (double click on the layer), go to 3d and choose "Lathe" as 3d conversion. You have several options there you can play with, but just click Ok and you will have your 3d textured ball *cough* planet.

PD: Press control+R to see how your planet is looking. Sometimes the preview you see on normal screen doesn't look so good as the final output (this happened to me in this example because the semicircle was too little, try to make yours bigger).
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel