25%
7.1 (Non-professional user)
36%

Total votes: 28
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

cheyne wrote:
@PARKER

Man, would LOVE to see some tuts from you on 7.x.

I noticed the Image Masking tool but for BITMAPS I would do the work in Photoshop or similar image editing program.

What exactly do you mean by the "cartoon effect"? Is that a filter or special effect?
I mean the toon effect, you find it in the layer settings of the image layer.
Your right, the masking image tool is not perfect, it can be much better, you can see some of the works i have done with it here:

viewtopic.php?t=18141

I will let everybody knows about the tuts on AS7 soon, but i must warm that they are going to be mostly about the image masking tool, i do not know too much about the 3d features that AS7 has and others.

I will be posting in a couple of hours a new 15 min videotutorial here on how to instal scripts in the tool bar and in Scripts, how to make shortcuts and how to make your own swatches and set them as default.
Will be downloadable for free at Content paradise.
I think most of you already know how to do this but some people may find it useful, specially the newbies.
Danimal

Post by Danimal »

b15fliptop wrote:I can say that Blend Morphs totally rocks if you're doing a lot of character animation
As usual, I owe you a thank you. I knew absolutely nothing about Blend Morphs and have now spent the better part of two hours creating shapes and messing around with the feature. Totally cool. This can be used in so many places!

And I have never once touched a script, read about a script, cared in the slightest about scripts. From what I've seen they generally are gimmicky and awful. Stick with using your ability to get done what you want to get done.
~Danimal
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Danimal wrote: And I have never once touched a script, read about a script, cared in the slightest about scripts. From what I've seen they generally are gimmicky and awful. Stick with using your ability to get done what you want to get done.
Some scripts can be REALLY useful, they save you a LOT if time and work, for example there is a rotate points tool modified by Fazek that is actually better than the original one by default, it gives you more control of the shapes you rotate becuase lets you modify the pivot point, which is really nesessary, i still cant belive that AS doesnt have something as elemental and basic as this.
ponysmasher

Post by ponysmasher »

Danimal wrote: And I have never once touched a script, read about a script, cared in the slightest about scripts. From what I've seen they generally are gimmicky and awful. Stick with using your ability to get done what you want to get done.
Well that's kind of a weird view to have. Scripts can save you a lot of time and headache. Sure I could spend half an hour to retime a complex animation by moving keyframes in all layers by hand, but by using the global move keys tool I´ll be done in seconds.

And some things you just can't do without a script. I had to write a script to export camera movements to After Effects myself because there was just no other way of doing that.