Lip sync problem

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gdub

Lip sync problem

Post by gdub »

Hi, I'm having a strange problem concerning the lip sync function. I've been testing this by using some of the pre-made characters and mouth files in the library. I do everything the same as far as setting up the lip sync operations, however only a few of the characters and mouth files actually work. I'm using AS 6, on a 64 bit PC, and have just upgraded to 6.2. Any ideas?
gdub

Post by gdub »

I've been doing some more experimenting, and I think I've found the problem. Lip sync doesn't like the "A" mouth shape layer named "AI", which is the case in most of the mouth's switch files in the pre-made library. I simply renamed the layer named "AI" to "A", and now it works.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Have you looked into using papagayo and create a .dat file for lip syncing?
It really works better than using the audio or switch files to make the keys.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
gdub

Post by gdub »

Yes I've used Papagayo on my old computer set up, and I plan to download and install it again on my new system, Thanks!
pez

Post by pez »

sbtamu wrote:Have you looked into using papagayo and create a .dat file for lip syncing?
sbtamu, are you saying the results are better by creating the .dat file with Papagayo, rather than using the lipsync function already built in Anime Studio 7?

Anyone else here feels the same?
Pez
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

pez wrote:
sbtamu wrote:Have you looked into using papagayo and create a .dat file for lip syncing?
sbtamu, are you saying the results are better by creating the .dat file with Papagayo, rather than using the lipsync function already built in Anime Studio 7?

What I meant to say it is easier maybe not better from my experience with using both. When I use the built in one I get keys added that should not be added and I always have to go back and delete and or move keys. With Papagayo I find it easier to just type in the words and adjust the time line there. Of course this is my own opinion.

I have not tried the built in sync in AS 7 yet. Is it improved?
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
pez

Post by pez »

Haven't tried it yet.
I'm currently recording the voices for my cartoon.
Pez
Gnaws

Post by Gnaws »

pez wrote:sbtamu, are you saying the results are better by creating the .dat file with Papagayo, rather than using the lipsync function already built in Anime Studio 7?

Papagayo has always worked beautifully for me.

My 2-cents.