Goldfish - Get Busy Living - Cartoon Brew!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Mikdog

Goldfish - Get Busy Living - Cartoon Brew!

Post by Mikdog »

Hiya AS users,

So stoked! Cartoon Brew featured my 'Goldfish - Get Busy Living' music video I made in Anime Studio Pro!

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/music-videos ... scott.html

Thrilled. Woop woop.
toonertime

better stoked than stroked

Post by toonertime »

hey mr dog

you good toonist
you deserve clap clap!
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Nice , thanks for sharing.
Im looking forward to see more of your works.
lwaxana

Post by lwaxana »

Go Mikdog!! I love that piece of animation together with the song. You feel alive just from watching it. If that's not what it's all about then I don't know what is.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

I remember when he was just a wee Mikpup! Congrats! :)
Uolter

Post by Uolter »

Congratulation! You deserve it!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thanks LM forum legends!
Mozbo

Post by Mozbo »

I saw this video a few days ago and found it delightful, especially the facial expressions on the "boy" suitcase. Congrats on being awarded for your creativity!
~M
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.
Life is short, enjoy the adventure!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Thank you ;) It sure did make me stoked to be on CB. I visit that site a lot. Woopee.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

You da man!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Hehe, I first looked the video reading my feeds, it was a very nice surprise here too.
Congratulations, Mikdog, you really deserve it.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
cheyne

Post by cheyne »

Hey Mikdog,

Just wanted to say a big congrats. I've been "lurking" around the forums for a while now, and I totally love your style man! You definitely deserve this. So much fun, got me thinkin' of Junior Senior, wicked :D

Your music videos have given me some serious inspiration to get back into animating (it's been a decade+).

Also I got introduced to an awesome band - I'm a Goldfish fan! Fav'd them on Facebook and fully jealous that they have regular gigs on the other side of the planet, d'oh! Hope they'll hit Australia sometime 8)
crsP

Post by crsP »

Not sure about that introduction -sounds like a back-handed compliment. But I like this approach. And that kiss was salacious, to say the least!

I have a question concerning colour that I was thinking about since you posted your Animate animation [which thread went slightly haywire]. I noticed when you used images imported from Photoshop, the colours are more subdued than in your Animate drawings. Is that your choice, or has that something to do with blurring you might get from bitmap images [ which could help blend colours more] or maybe the Photoshop colour picker, which indicates when you are choosing hues out of range?

Just curious.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hi Cheyne - thanks man!!! That's awesome! Good luck for getting back into animation woop woop. Also glad you're a fan on FB. THey're facebook.com/goldfishlive btw, not just goldfish, that's another dude. Yep, I got involved at first because I was such a fan, so, very stoked to have been able to worked with them. Liked their music for a while.

crsP - hmm...can't quite figure out your 'introduction' thing ...

Anyways, I think the Photoshop colours are pretty vibrant to begin with, then they get converted to .PNG files for AS and they lose a bit of saturation. So, that's how it goes unfortunately. I can see a big difference in vibrancy between Photoshop colours and after they've been exported as images for AS. Nicely picked up yo.
Mozbo

Post by Mozbo »

I LOVE the introduction. It's only after I watched the video 2-3 times, that I realized the "story loop" effect with the suitcases. A "happy ending" for the suitcases. Yay! :D
Subtle, yet VERY creative!

I enjoy seeing this thread get bumped. It encourages me to watch it "just one more time..."
~M
Change is inevitable, growth is optional.
Life is short, enjoy the adventure!