Shopping for a drawing tablet

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

PismoPam

I love Wacom

Post by PismoPam »

I'm using a small bamboo and can hardly stand to be without it.
When I first investigated someone said that the smaller size (instead of a larger tablet) allows for smaller hand movements.
It also is easier to use on the couch, etc.
This is my 2nd.
chucky

Post by chucky »

You can change the size and aspect of the tablets working surface, as a result a larger tablet is better for multi screen setups ( you can squeeze the shape to avoid drawing ovals when your hand makes a circle).
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

My girlfriend is a graphic artist. I did a lot of research for her one Christmas and got her an Intuis 4.

I discovered that medium sized is "usually" the best. It often depends on your own taste. Most people, however, prefer medium.

I bought it for $200. I was determined not to pay any more than $200 for one. At the time, they were selling for $400+. I kept searching anyways and eventually found one on craigslist. It was barely used too!

She is very happy with it.

Once you find out which one you want, search for it and you can get a great deal.
chucky

Post by chucky »

My girlfriend is a graphic artist. I did a lot of research for her one Christmas and got her an Intuis 4.
Then why the hell are you asking here ???? Sheesh.

Did your research inform your Intuos spelling too

Yeah I use a medium, but as a pro myself, seriously if you get more screens get more tablet space, ( as I have at studios with multiple large widescreens for each user) but you only really need it sideways the top and bottom become redundant when you change the tablet mapping to compensate for stretch....., aahh never mind, maybe you don't get what I'm saying.

if you are a hobbyist and/or can't draw anyway or you use a 4/3 monitor then it ain't gonna' matter a great deal.
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

chucky wrote: Then why the hell are you asking here ???? Sheesh.

Did your research inform your Intuos spelling too
Oh man, I just start participating in this community and people are already annoyed with me?

I was not the one who started the forum or asked the question. I was trying to help out. As you pointed out, however, spelling Intuos wrong would not help him in finding it. :-)
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Please, chucky, let's try to not turn this forum into an unpleasant ambiance.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
chucky

Post by chucky »

sorry hung over
I thought it was the original poster making that comment, my bad.
Crap, I only said 'sheesh'
Apologies to Kedric et al.

Out
Kedric

Post by Kedric »

chucky wrote:sorry hung over
I thought it was the original poster making that comment, my bad.
Crap, I only said 'sheesh'
Apologies to Kedric et al.

Out
It's okay. You did not say anything overly offensive.