Frame By Frame

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

meltedtoons

Frame By Frame

Post by meltedtoons »

I've been using AS for roughly 3 and a half years, but seeing the fact that AS is doing nothing about FBF animation, I'm seriously considering, fully moving over to Toonboom.

Now, don't get me wrong, I love Anime Studio. It is a great software for any beginners. And I mean ANY beginners interested in digital media. After getting past Anime Studio's learning curve, I could master any program from Sony Vegas to Photoshop in a matter of couple of minutes.

So all I'm saying is Anime Studio NEEDS a Frame By Frame support. The original form of animation! Most, if not all users are demanding it! If I don't see it on ASP 8, I'm waving good bye.

*Mean while, if you are like me and demand FBF support use Slegin's/Synthsin's FBF script for ASP for now, http://www.mediafire.com/?cwnm5yjzmxn *
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

Totally agree, AS needs better FBF, the actual one accumulates too many layers.
Also we should be able to choose the shape of the end of the lines, sharp, square or round.
Gradient needs tranparency, and the bug that makes the edge of the shapes show thin white lines when you use Masking effect and exclude stroke have to be fixed.
We have to do something about it.
Last edited by PARKER on Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
meltedtoons

Post by meltedtoons »

I'm willing to buy ASP for 300 bucks if it has an FBF option and all glitch fixes
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

Not to be weird our anything but anime studio never claimed to be based on frame by frame, so why don't you keep anime studio and for frame by frames use another software? If you want crazy learning curves go try out blender, it's free ;) maybe I'm wrong but it seems anime studio was meant for specifically tweening, right?
Anime Studio, Xara Xtreme 4, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11, Papagayo, Ableton Live 8, Artrage Deluxe
chucky

Post by chucky »

What's this talk of mutiny :?:
Don't think of it as jumping ship, matey , these guys are forcing us to walk the plank.
The limeys at SM have jacked this boat and it's headed for the rocks for sure.
Everyone I know who use it are saying the singin' the same shanty, as am I.
It's sink or swim for the good ship ASPRO, if they ever come out from below deck.

AAARRG :?: see it looks like a hook, me scurvey's.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Good luck with getting fbf support. I just bought Toon Boom Animate 2 for fbf. Works pretty well. Yep, it'd be schweet seeing fbf included in AS. Not sure its gonna happen though.
PARKER

Post by PARKER »

rpc9943 wrote:maybe I'm wrong but it seems anime studio was meant for specifically tweening, right?
Yes AS specialize in tweening but they have been adding some tools that have nothing to do with that, like for example the 3d features.
They should focus in fixing the bugs and improving the 2d tools AS currently has instead.
Why cant we have better FBF or raster? i think there is no excuse.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

PARKER wrote:Why cant we have better FBF or raster? i think there is no excuse.
Plus, Mike Clifton worked on the Photoshop frame by frame tools, so it shouldn't be so hard.
Personally, I think frame by frame would open a new world to AS which would be hard to fill for competitors softwares. I think it would be an error to not apply it.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel