Is This For Real? "Save 80% on Anime Studio Pro"

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kenmead

Is This For Real? "Save 80% on Anime Studio Pro"

Post by kenmead »

Is this real, or is it spam? I just received an e-mail from the following address:
smithmicro@reply.digitalriver.com
That says, "Save 80% on Anime Studio Pro and earn bonus items-the more people buy, the more you get!"
The e-mail encourages me to "Pass It On." A "380 Value ONLY $39.99."
It says "If 100 buy" "Everyone gets Bonus Item 1: Anime Content Holiday House and Snow Person." "If 300 Buy" "Everyone gets Bonus Item 1 plus Bonus Item 2: Anime Content Collections 1 & 2." "If 500 Buy Everyone gets Bonus Item 1 and 2 plus Bonus Item 3: Stuffit Deluxe 2011 with 3-months of SendStuffNow.
The link to click for purchases is to an http://dr.bluehornet.com/ address.

If it's truly from Smith Micro, I'll take advantage of it and pass it on. But, I want to make sure I'm not giving my info to a spammer and passing it on for others to be ripped off as well.

Any advice?
kenmead

Post by kenmead »

Just realized that it probably is real, because it's for Anime Studio Pro VERSION 6. They're being very tricky about the whole thing. There's no mention of it being version 6 in the subject line. You have to look at the image in the e-mail to see that it's version 6 on the box, and it's mentioned in only one other small-print location. If it's real, it's still a good deal. But, I'm currently using Version 5 and not interested in purchasing version 6.
Axlen

Post by Axlen »

I purchased ASP6 for $34.78 from Tiger Direct including shipping. That was back on October 3rd or so. I had always wanted to try AS and that special price hooked me. Upgrading to 7 from that would be pretty inexpensive too, but all the bad things I'm hearing about 7 put me off.

I'm just a hobbyist, but after playing with the tutorials and browsing through the forums I'm glad I have the pro version.
Bifocals are both wonderful and a PITA.
foundmarble

Post by foundmarble »

WOW! They really dropped the price. I bought my for 80.00 just 4 months ago from Tiger. I really never understood why anyone would pay full price for ANY software, but then again we are an "upgrade" crazy society.
jamesg

digital download mac OSX only?

Post by jamesg »

Does anyone know whether the digital download includes a PC download? The link to this sale shows the download option as Mac OSX only, and not a windows download.

thanks,
James.
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

If smith Micro decreased price for Upgrade in the same manners, lots of will upgrade their software.
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

aw yeah, i was holding out just specifically for this kind of deal! score!
Anime Studio, Xara Xtreme 4, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11, Papagayo, Ableton Live 8, Artrage Deluxe
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I think I paid like $75 to upgrade to 7 Pro. I had no intention of paying that whopping $129 they were asking originally.
crsP

Post by crsP »

I would exercise caution. A company using another company's name in their email is being fraudulent. Red alert!
rpc9943

Post by rpc9943 »

It said smith micro, and was brought to my attention on their facebook page, so it's legit. I bought it just fine
Anime Studio, Xara Xtreme 4, Magix Movie Edit Pro 11, Papagayo, Ableton Live 8, Artrage Deluxe
kidslow

Post by kidslow »

Did anyone who purchased with this special deal receive an email regarding the additional "bonus" items?

--> Check your email on November 5, 2010 to claim your bonus item!

I purchased and received an email about my order being shipped, but no follow-up regarding the additional bonus items. Not that they're any great shakes, but a bonus is a bonus.

I also see that the promotional pricing is still available, if you go here.
http://my.smithmicro.com/promo/75184300.html
kidslow

Post by kidslow »

Well, apparently all the bonuses were provided. I never got an email. I had to pester Smith Micro tech support to get a download link. Doubt I'll install that Stuffit bloatware ...