AS7 - Render to SWF not correct

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Diana Kennedy

AS7 - Render to SWF not correct

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Hi,

I encounter a problem when exporting a film in SWF Format. One shape which's filling is yellow (and shows perfectly yellow in the original AS File and all other exporting formats) is black in the finished SWF File. How's that? Any idea what went wrong?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

It's probably a fill problem. Usually this is two or more points on top of each other in your yellow shape. Other export formats are more forgiving than swf. You just need to tweak each and every point on your shape until you find the superimposed points. Occasionally you just have to re-fill the shape.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Looks like that this solved the issue. Thank you very much :D
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Rien de tout (I think!)
Jean_R

Post by Jean_R »

jahnocli wrote:Rien de tout (I think!)
De rien (for "You are welcome")

I am really affected by the fact that I still can not run the SWF export. I know about the limitations inherent in this format. But since I have a new computer with Vista and now "Seven", AS Pro (6 and 7) does not produce any file at the end of the calculation.

It seems to me that Genete emphasized that multicore machines have this problem.
I changed the affinity of the program in the task manager, it allowed me to make a couple of renders, but the bug has come back very quickly.

I use the program as is, no script yet.

My problem is not resolved, I do not know where or how to ask your attention to this fact. I'm a little embarrassed to post here.

My apologizes for my bad English.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Jean_R wrote:I'm a little embarrassed to post here.
Don't be. If I have a problem this is where I come first.
Jean_R wrote:My apologizes for my bad English.
Your English is fine. I know English people who can't express themselves this well.
As for your problems with swf export... I have stuck with version 5.6, which has 95% of what I want from this software. That's a good percentage, and it's stable. So I can't help you with problems that are specific to versions 6 or 7 -- no doubt someone else will be along shortly!
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I don't really use swf export but you could try rendering from frame 1 instead of 0 or vice-versa, and also when you type the file to save as the export, make sure you add .SWF to the end of it. Or leave it blank but once it is rendered, add the .SWF extension or something.

Good luck
Jean_R

Post by Jean_R »

@ jahnocli

Thank you.
I haven't got 5.6 installation file anymore, so I can't test. I'm saddened by the fact you said 6.0 and 7.0 are not so stable.

@ Mikdog
Hello, nice to "see" you, I always avoid rendering the frame 0. Tested with, and same result. Windows build adds the extension automatically.

I'm really disappointed by the fact that sometimes (rarely) it works, sometimes not. I have not yet spotted the condition for each state, mainly because I'm not a programmer. When it works the rendered file is shown into my web browser. When the file is not rendered, I also checked if the file was produced but not displayed, the folder used for exportation was empty.

I fear an hardware (multicore) or software (post Windows XP) compatibility issue.
theotherguy

Post by theotherguy »

I have found the rendering options of Anime Studio 6 to be flakey. The exception is when I export 'as .PNG'. This I bring into a more robust program (in my case vegas 10) then render as whatever I like.

Anime studio is much better as a creative tool, I don't have much faith in it as a render program. PNG export creates huge files, but we have terrabite drives nowadays....
Jean_R

Post by Jean_R »

theotherguy wrote:I have found the rendering options of Anime Studio 6 to be flakey. The exception is when I export 'as .PNG'. This I bring into a more robust program (in my case vegas 10) then render as whatever I like.

Anime studio is much better as a creative tool, I don't have much faith in it as a render program. PNG export creates huge files, but we have terrabite drives nowadays....
AS PRO has got very good looking render, and swf is vector and PNG bitmap. My purpose is about web media, not heavy files.