Great job Lost Marble.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nichod

Great job Lost Marble.

Post by Nichod »

I'm sure that there are a lot of threads scattered throughout this forum saying what a great job you have done with Moho, but I must say well done. The more I'm using it the more I'm enjoying it. A great animation system.

Its taken me awhile to get used to the fill system, but I like its control. The only thing missing in the fill system is more shading functions. I'd like to see a better gradient tool with more powerful positioning and multiple gradients. And a color picker function so when we are selecting a color we can move off the dialog box and click an area with the color we want.

There are so many features that I wish I could do an animation and use all of them. I've encouraged two coworkers to look at Moho. And I'm sure one of them is definetly buying. I hope to help out as I learn. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Brian
Sometimes in order to accomplish something you need to not sleep.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I think the many useful and innovating features (normally only found in 3D animation software) are partially due to the fact that Lost Marble really listens to its costumers. And more animators in the future using Moho means things can only get better.

IMO Moho gives a lot of quality for its value. It isn't Maya (industry standard), but it certainly rocks :D
myles

Re: Great job Lost Marble.

Post by myles »

Hello Brian,

I fully agree with all of your points. A great animation program and still getting better with each version. Great support response from Lost Marble, too.

A couple of workarounds for your missing features (I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have these features included in Moho):

You can fake fill positioning to some extent using a fill object and a masking object or you can load a multi-gradient PNG as a texture fill if you need it (a variation on Tutorial 4.4).

A workaround for grabbing colours is to download a separate colour grabber/picker that can copy hex-style RGB colour codes to the clipboard, then paste that code into the hex-specification field. I know there are a number of freeware ones for Windows (I rather like Color Cop - auto-copy to clipboard, 3x3 and 5x5 sampling), presumably there are also Mac and Linux equivalents.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

Yeah I'm soon to try working with texturing. Thanks for the tip with the color picker. I'm crossing my fingers that its a feature addition for a future Moho release.

Brian
Sometimes in order to accomplish something you need to not sleep.
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

Myles, thanks for the external color picker suggestion. Never thought of using an external utility for that (shouldn't be required though).

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Regul8R

Post by Regul8R »

seconded, excellent program that gives more than i ever imagined.
also this forum is by far the friendliest and most helpful ive i ever been priveleged to visit.
thanks LM

jay b

ps. i used moho to win me a new laptop. i created a comedy skit lambasting a shitty pc game and won top prize in Pc Gamer uk mag.
well the other entrys were a thermos flask and wooly socks so :D
so i owe you bigtime
cheers
Blessings for you, but none for me....
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Regul8R wrote:
ps. i used moho to win me a new laptop. i created a comedy skit lambasting a shitty pc game and won top prize in Pc Gamer uk mag.
Post it so we can all see it! :D :D :D :D
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Or you post it to Lost Marble to put into the Gallery.
Regul8R

Post by Regul8R »

i dont have a copy, my c:\ drive went kapput a few weeks after i sent it off. and i stupidly never backed-up my work.
i am going to email the guys on the mag and try and get them to send me a copy as its a milestone in my animation work.

as for posting it on the gallerry, i have basic skills and it wouldnt stand up against thee work thats there :oops: . i will scan the mag page, if you like, as it shows some screengrabs and describes the film.

can i upload jpegs if i dont have website, or i can send them to one of you guys to do it?

cheers for the support

jay b
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

You won a laptop and you believe your skills can't match what's in the gallery? Hmmm, I've got to read more magazines looking for contests...But I suspect you are just being modest!

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Toontoonz

Post by Toontoonz »

Regul8R wrote:i dont have a copy, my c:\ drive went kapput a few weeks after i sent it off. and i stupidly never backed-up my work.
i am going to email the guys on the mag and try and get them to send me a copy as its a milestone in my animation work. b
What´s the name of the magazine? Their website?
They probably have the contest posted on their website and all the entries.

You can put your images at: http://www.imageshack.us/index.php
Free! :D
Regul8R

Post by Regul8R »

What´s the name of the magazine? Their website?
Pc Gamer uk, they have a dvd with the mag, my entry was supposed to be on it, but alas it never appeared.
ive mail the guy in charge of compos and asked him to send me a copy, so fingers crossed hes able to, hopefully they still have it lyin about.

ive mailed a scan of the mag to nobudget so he'll post a link, as im a bit new to uploading and that.
thanks for the link, should come in handy for future
cheers
jay b
Regul8R

Post by Regul8R »

see how useless i am at this, i cant even quote somone properly :oops:
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

@Regul8R: I guess Toontoonz and I were suggesting, not requesting. If it is that hard to get hold of the animation, then let it be. Let us enjoy what you've made recently, or will make in the near future.

I was just being curious, nothing more.

And about that clumsiness... I've done one clumsy thing after the other lately in this forum ;) So I'm the last person to hold it against you.

Have fun exploring what you can do with Moho :D
Regul8R

Post by Regul8R »

rasheed : i'm trying to get a copy of my animation more for myself you know, its annoying for me that i dont have it to show people. i consider it a milestone, my first short.
as for my latest work, check out share your work folder. my latest examples are there, i dont think anyones looked at the yet :(
header is first walk-bone test- 1st upload - or something similar.
check them out and let me know what you think :D