Corel October Sale On Painter + All Other Corel Products

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

crsP

Corel October Sale On Painter + All Other Corel Products

Post by crsP »

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/ ... 0905725000

Corel is doing a 50% off Painter sale for the month of October. The best digital painting tools. Yes, I have Artrage. Yes I tried TvPaint. But neither can compare to Painter's water colour simulator.

Discuss.
Last edited by crsP on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I prefer Sai, it's very cheap, very intuitive, very powerful, very light and amazingly fast. Is that kind of stuff that make you back to the japanese technological superiority stereotype.
Ah, and it opens in one second, even on my old computer.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
oferhod

Post by oferhod »

What is sai ? :oops:
Jean_R

Post by Jean_R »

Sai Paint Tool I presume.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Yes, here is the official page
http://www.systemax.jp/en/sai/
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
crsP

Post by crsP »

Two days left folks.

And a bit of a warning. As far as I know, Painter 11 has been out for a while now, so likely version 12 will be out soon after this promo [don't quote me on that, I have no insider knowledge]. So if you do take up the offer, keep in mind that you are paying for version 11, and don't expect free upgrades. It's a good deal if you are happy with version 11.

One last thing. The October discount is for all Corel products, so things like paint Shop Pro is included in the discounts.
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Thanks for the tip, crsP!

Painter 11 is currently going for $800 AUD on the Australian Corel website, but using this deal I only paid ₤125, which is about $200 AUD, so I ended up paying about a quarter of the normal price!

I will be very interested to see how close I can get to achieving the look of Anime backgrounds with Painter, compared with Sai, Artrage, and even Photoshop.
crsP

Post by crsP »

No problemo. I was tempted to get it myself - fired up the demo, oh the water colour and oil pastels are so good. heh. Unfortunately couldn't justify the purchase as I already got Artrage 3 and ASP7 this year. That's an even bigger saving on your end though!
chucky

Post by chucky »

I have wanted to upgrade for years but it's far too expensive, I love how even now its cheaper to buy new than to upgrade.... Corel suck.
They want $500.00 for an upgrade in Australia and you better believe Australian creatives are paid frickn peanuts and treated like monkeys just to add to the injury/insult coefficient .
They have hardly developed it at all since they bought out the company that bought out the company that developed it in the first place, but they have pushed the price up.
Sound familiar?