Question about AS6 freehand tool

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BA

Question about AS6 freehand tool

Post by BA »

Ok, so I just realized that I may have to go back to AS6 for my freehand drawing, because AS7 stripped out the fine-tuning options from the freehand tool (pixel/angle tolerance).

But - I just noticed a strange difference in AS6. When using the freehand tool, the red 'preview' stroke that usually displays while drawing a line (at least it does in version 7 and did in version 5) doesn't seem to be there. The only way I can see the line as I'm drawing it is to have the paths displayed, and even then I'm only seeing the points appear, I'm not seeing my variable line width (using pressure on a wacom) until I've stopped drawing. If I turn off the path visibility, as I like to do when drawing freehand, I can't see my line at all until it's done. Which obviously is not good.

Am I missing something here - is there something wrong with my copy of AS6, or was the red preview stroke left out of that version for some reason??? Please let me know, this is driving me nuts!!!
Create cartoon characters and comics in minutes: www.bitstrips.com
jonbo

Post by jonbo »

I only seemed to see the red "preview"stroke when I have the auto-close option checked on.I checked it with my wacom in both AS6 and AS7. I too am kind of puzzled as to why they streamlined the free hand tool :?
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Either uncheck the Auto-weld option or press the Option/Alt key as you draw. Doing one or the other will give you the red preview variable line width stroke.
funksmaname

Post by funksmaname »

also, if you install fazeks tools his draw tool has the old options you're missing...
BA

Post by BA »

Aha! Thanks guys, that did the trick.
BA

Post by BA »

I'm back with another question about the red freehand preview:

while I find it essential to see what kind of line I'm drawing as I'm drawing it (including the line width), the preview is not really accurate - the red preview line is WAY thicker than the actual line that's drawn.

So, as a preview of line weight, it doesn't really work. Does anyone have any idea why it is this way, or if it can be adjusted?

Thanks!