Buying Soon.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nichod

Buying Soon.

Post by Nichod »

I'm very impressed with the latest version of Moho. I was a user from way back in version 1. Boy the interface is so much better looking. I'm going to demo the latest version a bit first and check out all the new functions before purchasing, but likely I'm sold.

Myles still wandering about?

Is there an IRC chatsession thats organized at all? Would love to have some realtime discussion with some Moho users.

Brian
Sometimes in order to accomplish something you need to not sleep.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Re: Buying Soon.

Post by Lost Marble »

Nichod wrote:Myles still wandering about?
Yes, Myles is still around. He may reply here soon himself, but I just wanted to say that we're glad to have him around - he's a great asset to Moho.
Nichod wrote:Is there an IRC chatsession thats organized at all?
Not that I know of.
myles

Post by myles »

Hi Brian!

Moho has changed a lot since version 1, and all for the better.

Some highlights worth looking at:
actions (perfect your walk cycle in a separate timeline while already using it in the main timeline), styles (reusable colours and outline combinations), bone constraints and locking, automatic bone binding and bone region binding (this is really nice), scripting, an amazing particle system (define multiple animatable particle shapes), highly useful Switch layers (and check out the free companion lip-synching program Papagayo on Lost Marble's site), variable line widths, 3D features, 2.5D features (working with 2D layers in 3D space - which amongst many other possibilities can enable automatic parallax movement of background features), shadows and shadings (which, amongst other things, enables you to automatically include those thick outer outlines you see on the animated Mr Bean, Teamo Supremo, Fairly Odd Parents, etc), brushes, noisy outlines and fills (animatable for that wiggly constantly redrawn look or static for that "fill doesn't match the outline" background style), graphical animation view of the timeline, masking, layer blending, auto-welding, and more.

Not to mention the excellent included tutorials, which are a great place to start.

Lots of samples on the features page: http://www.lostmarble.com/moho/features/index.shtml

And, importantly, even with all the extra features Moho is still fun to use!
Now if only I had more time to actually animate. :roll:
Lost Marble wrote:we're glad to have him around
Aww, thanks. :oops:

Regards, Myles - Moho sciolist.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
Nichod

Post by Nichod »

Hey Myles! Doubt you remember me from the beginnings of the yahoo days. (went by Nicholas8681 back then) I remember conversing on numerous occasions on the workings of Moho. Oh how it has changed.

I've ran through the manual inside and out. Impressed by quite a few things. Bone dynamics is something I am shocked and suprised to see. I'm loving the 3d depth controls. And the styles are something surprising as its something that Toon Boom totes as a big feature, nice to see something similar in Moho. Hoping to see some improvements in gradients and shading in general. I'm wondering what could be done via scripting to improve this.

Brian
Sometimes in order to accomplish something you need to not sleep.