Price

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

CoffeeStained

Post by CoffeeStained »

I wish you would simply use the program to the best of your ability, because no one cares what software you used to create your animation. They only care if your animation is good. Are you trying to get into a company? They might then tell you what software they consider acceptable, but that would mean that you have gone to a school of animation, which you have assuredly not.

I wish you understood that cost = value is a fallacy.

I wish that you would let the people who want to create animations for their friends do so.

And I wish that you would simply buy what you consider to be elitist software if you want to be elitist. AS is software that is modifiable by the community, where old hats are more than happy to teach us n00bs the ropes and new techniques, to provide us with new features. In other words, inclusive.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Melted Toons.

It seems by you post that you can just go and buy whatever software you like, expensive or not.

Do you think that crappy animators have less money than good ones?
It is an absurd proposition to say that having more to spend on something will make you more capable.

I 'wish' the over privileged of this world, would get some perspective and wander down to the real world.

I know what the wages in places like Canada and North America are like, also the prices they pay for almost anything are very different to the rest of the planet.
The rest of the planet is also sick of hearing arrogant ignorance parading full volume as wisdom.
Take off your rose coloured lenses and try and make less of a parochial analysis of this topic.

People need to eat some humble pie themselves before start speaking of elitism, so here's a serve melted toons.

Yes that was a rant , but encouraging artificial economy and increasing the technological divide makes my blood boil. It also encourages piracy and criminality.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

I have an unopened boxed copy of Debut. Anyone want it? I guess I can post it, otherwise happy to send you the pin code thing. Smith-Micro sent me PRO and DEBUT because they used some of my stuff on the boxes. (looks nice btw). Anyway I used PRO and haven't touched DEBUT. Anyone wanna buy it off me? We can do PayPal or something.
chucky

Post by chucky »

Hi Mikdog
Why don't you give it to a budding young animator?
You might have a relative or friend who might really appreciate it.
It would be a nice gesture and cost you nothing. :wink:
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Good idea...I don't know any ppl that do animation in my town. Maybe some flash stuff for corporate websites or something. Though I do know of ppl that would like to get into animation. Not sure of anyone who would be keen enough to go through all the tutorials. Anyways.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Give it to you brother for Christmas! :D :D :D
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

CoffeeStained wrote: In other words, inclusive.
The question is one of how long will the user base continue to support the software at $130/upgrade? The inclusiveness that was once enjoyed will start to dwindle, there are already several power users that once were here and were helpful but now are no-more.
CoffeeStained

Post by CoffeeStained »

InfoCentral wrote:The question is one of how long will the user base continue to support the software at $130/upgrade? The inclusiveness that was once enjoyed will start to dwindle, there are already several power users that once were here and were helpful but now are no-more.
That is impossible to determine.

Assuming that the more people spend on software, the more jealously they will defend their kung-fu techniques is a fallacy. Photoshop has a supportive, albiet more dispersed following. Anything you want to do in Photoshop, you can probably find a fan-generated tutorial. Yes, you will want more return on more expensive software. But the idea of everyone guarding their secrets at the expense of learning new ones is poor form and universally destructive. People have several different reasons to share, to spur innovation, to raise the craft, for prestige, for community. Not just, "Hell, the software's so cheap, I can afford the loss in time/energy/technical advantage."

It is far more likely that more professional users have withdrawn from the forums for time constraints, personal matters, migration to other software or any multitude of reasons before that of 'protecting their trade secrets.'
Datawraith

Post by Datawraith »

DarthFurby wrote:Personally I hope everyone feels comfortable posting work, including beginners. We can help them, and ourselves, by sharing what we know, thereby raising the overall skill level of the community. In that respect this forum delivers BIG TIME.
I definitely agree with that. When I started, I used .png files and layer movements, then I posted test videos and from comments and ideas, I worked my way up to vector layers, bones, interpolation, masking, 3D, etc. I can do things that were beyond confusing before, with ease now.
A device that makes bad weather. . . interesting :/