ASDebut 6 not filling shape

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

wagmun

Post by wagmun »

Ive already realized that sometimes whatever I draw there is no possible filling,
Its not because shape is not closed. When that happened I drew squares and circles - which are automatically closed - and no way to fill it up.
Then I realized that when it happened, "Fill" and "Stroke" were transparent. If I would click on either one, whatever color Id select it continued to be transparent.
The only solution I had when it happened was to shut ASD down and reopen.
Everything worked fine then.
And I faced this problem several times - and solution was to shut down (sometimes, using the paint bucket also worked out).
But tonight, even shuting down did not work.
I did it several times. Even shut down my Macbook off too.
No way to fill a shape on my file - which was saved from pevious sessions.
Then I started a new project. Filling was OK. Then I opened the problematic file - no fill again.
Then I copied the drawing I didnt want to start over again. Closed project and open a new one.
No fill.
Shut down. Fill OK.
Created a new project. Fill OK.
Open prob file. No fill.
And whatever new project Id create I couldnt fill any shape.
Is this a bug?
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance, folks.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

We need to see the file. I have never encountered anything like this.

Here is a possible explanation: When you have the "fill problem" do you have a shape with a transparent fill? The alpha set to transparent? If you select that shape then that means any NEW shape will also have a transparent alpha set in the fill color. Selecting a shape will make it the default shape style.

This is just a guess.

-vern
amanandink

Post by amanandink »

Hey Wagmun

I have run into this issue a couple of times too, although not as often as you it would seem. It is like the vector layer comes corrupt and sometimes no matter what I do the fill wont show up. There are a couple of things I do to try and get it to work.

Sometimes the colours go transparent and if you click the Reset button on the colour window this usually helps.

If not I just create a new layer, wipe any fill from the shape with the X tool and then copy and paste the non filled shape into it a new vector layer, this usually solves it.

Worst case I have to redraw the shape on a new layer.

I hope this helps.

J
wagmun

Post by wagmun »

heyvern wrote:We need to see the file. I have never encountered anything like this.

Here is a possible explanation: When you have the "fill problem" do you have a shape with a transparent fill? The alpha set to transparent? If you select that shape then that means any NEW shape will also have a transparent alpha set in the fill color. Selecting a shape will make it the default shape style.

This is just a guess.

-vern
Yep
Alpha was set to transparent. But not my fault. For some reason I dont understand AS is setting alpha to zero whenever it wants to. I still didnt find out what logic is behind that. All of a sudden all next shapes become transparent.
Now aware of this alpha setting I dont need to shut it down and open again.
Saved my days.
Tks a lot.
wagmun

asDebut 6 not filling shape

Post by wagmun »

amanandink wrote:Hey Wagmun

I have run into this issue a couple of times too, although not as often as you it would seem. It is like the vector layer comes corrupt and sometimes no matter what I do the fill wont show up. There are a couple of things I do to try and get it to work.

Sometimes the colours go transparent and if you click the Reset button on the colour window this usually helps.

If not I just create a new layer, wipe any fill from the shape with the X tool and then copy and paste the non filled shape into it a new vector layer, this usually solves it.

Worst case I have to redraw the shape on a new layer.

I hope this helps.

J
Tks for your help.
Reseting worked out.
Another solution came from Vern, which is check the alpha setting of the color. I had all this problem again today. And everytime alpha was zero (all by its own will, cause I never set it to zero... ).
I dont need to close my AS again.
Tks a lot.