Rendering bug with embeded AVI-Sequences

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Diana Kennedy

Rendering bug with embeded AVI-Sequences

Post by Diana Kennedy »

I encountered this bug in AS6 and now in AS7 again, it's kind of annoying:

I have a file with an imported AVI-Movie. All looks fine in preview and working space, but after the rendering, the newly created AVI shows some frames of the embeded AVI-Movie as broken-image links.

The embeded AVI was made in AS7 too, and has no problem when played alone.

In Preview:

Screenshot of rendered sequence:

Has anyone encountered the same problem and knows how to fix that?[/list]
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I know AS should support it "100%" but some people have problems importing AVI. If you are using the AVI specifically to import back into AS and it was created in AS then try exporting that imported video to QT instead. Check your frame rates as well. A total shot in the dark but maybe the FPS doesn't match and that might be the issue.

It could also be a memory issue. I recall hearing an issue regarding image layers not rendering because AS didn't have enough memory to load all the imported image layers and would display that broken link during the export/render. How long is the sequence? Maybe you could try rendering in smaller "chunks" to see if it is related to the memory issue.

-vern
Diana Kennedy

Post by Diana Kennedy »

Hi heyvern

Thank you for replying. The whole sequence has 240 frames. I tried to export just a little Chunk (40 frames) but the bug was still there, so it is not a memory issue. Framerate does match. As for an export to QT; it does not work at all, programm rashes everytime I try. :?