I love PHYSICS!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dazza101

I love PHYSICS!

Post by dazza101 »

I haven't been able to stop playing with the new AS pro 7 and it's physics engine. It has crashed a few times times when I have tried to do silly things, but overall I am very impressed with its abilities.

At the most basic level it just works and does what you expect it to do.

The first thing I always do with a new physics engine is to play with dominoes. So that is what I did here. I also used 3D extrude and hatch shading. It's not fancy, but gets the job done I think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZXY_Z8yoWk
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Nicely done!

G
bobahendrix

But how...?

Post by bobahendrix »

Hey all,

Just got ASP7, but sadly, my Adobe Reader is glitching so I can't access the manual; thus, I can't seem to find the Physics Engine anywhere within the software (can't find any buttons, menu listings, layer properties...)

Don't want to waste anyone's time w/ a drawn out explanation, but if someone could just tell me where to start, I could most likely figure it out on my own...please?
Thanks!
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I would reinstall acrobat, does not make sense to go by without it.

Funny all the weird requests going on the forum since ASP 7 got out.

G
dazza101

Re: But how...?

Post by dazza101 »

bobahendrix wrote:Hey all,

Just got ASP7, but sadly, my Adobe Reader is glitching so I can't access the manual; thus, I can't seem to find the Physics Engine anywhere within the software (can't find any buttons, menu listings, layer properties...)

Don't want to waste anyone's time w/ a drawn out explanation, but if someone could just tell me where to start, I could most likely figure it out on my own...please?
Thanks!
It's very easy! Create a new Group layer, go to the layer properties and select the Physics tab and enable the checkbox. Then add layers to the group for each object you want in the animation, being sure to select Non moving object if you want a floor, wall etc that you don't want influenced by gravity (this is selected in the individual layer Physics properties tab). Then all you have to do is play the animation and watch the magic unfold :D
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

If you are on windows, install foxit reader. Much much lighter and faster than Adobe's.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
bobahendrix

awesome

Post by bobahendrix »

daz, selg thanks much for the input! Just what I was looking for! :)