Anime Studio 7 is now available

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heiseman

Post by heiseman »

Motion graph mode does not work well at all from my experience. There's always still unwanted smoothing around the keyframes. Anyway, a real shame. All the other features are exciting, but I just wish they fixed ease in/out and added editable velocity curves.
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

What about a customer, who just buyed ASP 6 on 14th May 2010? Is there any possibility for a less expensive update? If I had known that ASP7 will come out, I would have waited with buying ASP6! :(
Fergus

Post by Fergus »

Tagirijus,

I think you're in luck! Have a look at http://anime.smithmicro.com/index_pro.php where you'll read...
FREE UPGRADE INFO: If you purchased Anime Studio 6.0 from a Smith Micro authorized reseller AFTER 5/9/2010, you qualify to receive a free upgrade. Fax your dated purchase receipt, your email address and your serial number to our customer service group at 831-761-6206.

Then shed a tear for me - I went to ASP 6 Pro in April!
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

Oh man; I must have overlooked this info. Thanks a lot. I will contact the customer service. Thanks!

And moreover: you have got my full commiseration regarding your buy... that is quite unfortunately. :(
Fergus

Post by Fergus »

I sort of wish you hadn't asked the question - I was already irritated that they were offering new customers the full version at the same price as upgrade. Now I have another grumble!

Oh well, such things are character building - very important in animation software.
toulouse2k

A real stupid newbie(maybe even n00b) question

Post by toulouse2k »

I've played with AS_7 Pro a bit...like it....but how do you access the Simulated Physics? Is it in the bones? LOST and waiting for definitive Tutorials. :?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: A real stupid newbie(maybe even n00b) question

Post by Víctor Paredes »

toulouse2k wrote:I've played with AS_7 Pro a bit...like it....but how do you access the Simulated Physics? Is it in the bones? LOST and waiting for definitive Tutorials. :?
you have to create a group and put your layers inside. Open the group proprieties and activate Physics. Then, you can setup each layer proprieties. Remember to create a ground.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
toulouse2k

Post by toulouse2k »

Thanks selgin....I just read an explanation on another thread. I guess that qualifies me as a true n00b, since I didn't look far enough.

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I hope it's as easy as it sounds.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

Repeating Genetes question;
When will there be a linux version?

AS7 looks great from the stills and specs, not able to try out trough since I'm not having any Microsoft or Apple systems.
rogermate

Post by rogermate »

rylleman wrote:Repeating Genetes question;
When will there be a linux version?

AS7 looks great from the stills and specs, not able to try out trough since I'm not having any Microsoft or Apple systems.
Hi Rylleman,
what animation software do you use on Linux?
Dodgy

Post by Dodgy »

One thing I'm still missing which would be really useful is the ability to independently scale bones in their x and y direction. This is essential for easy squash and stretch animation, where you decrease the size in x while increasing it in Y and vice versa.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

rogermate wrote: Hi Rylleman,
what animation software do you use on Linux?
Glad you asked. And sorry for being a bit off topic here.
My main tools is Anime Studio Pro(v6) and Synfig Studio. then I use some other tools to different degrees;Pap and Pencil. Also relies heavily on Gimp, Ffmpeg, Avidemux, Kdenlive among others.
TVPaint has released a linux beta which is very great. I do mostly cut-out animation so I have not been using TVP much as it's targeted towards drawn animation.
wellwisher

Re: Anime Studio 7 ..Help

Post by wellwisher »

Can we make Our own Content Library. I don't need the default one. And it is not possible to copy all the project folders to C drive. Any solution?
I only know a little... So teach me
Tagirijus

Post by Tagirijus »

I'm not exactly sure, what your problem is, but maybe this can help you:
viewtopic.php?t=16654

Good luck; helped me. ;)
Rhoel

Re: Anime Studio 7 ..Help

Post by Rhoel »

wellwisher wrote:Can we make Our own Content Library. I don't need the default one. And it is not possible to copy all the project folders to C drive. Any solution?
The content library doesn't work at all if you firewall ASP to stop it talking to Content Paradise.

aka

Code: Select all

FAULT Detected!
[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="HTTP request error" faultCode="Server.Error.Request" faultDetail="Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: http://127.0.0.1:11730/apps/lms/api.py"] messageId="E07E6171-D5E9-D6BF-8E62-98B2A944D609" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2] --- Fault Request Info:
      op=appConfig
Now why its now talking to 127.0.0.1 which is my test server is a mystery.