Anime Studio 7 is now available

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

barryem

Post by barryem »

Sarina wrote:
oleszka wrote:thank u for update and discount ;)! got it!
i would like to see more good tutorials especially about new features!
We will be posting some more tutorials today and early next week about the new features. They will go up on anime.smithmicro.com and our YouTube channel.

Cheers,
Sarina
Can you please put voices in the tutorials to explain things? Hopefully the ones you have now are more ads and demos than tutorials and they're cute and better than nothing, but they aren't very informative.

Even if that means waiting a little longer for them I think voice would be helpful.

Thanks,
Barry
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

All day playing with physics (well, and path profile :D) too...

I must admit that some things about physics seems to work in a different way that I imagined at first but, even though, I'm totally ecstatic? :shock: with this MEGA feature, for the incredible precision about you still where talking and for all the possibilities it opens... Sadly the time has flied! And I still have to study the (probable even most interesting) bone physics part, hmmm... only to add that I'm a little worried about the possible addictive consequences :!:, don't you?!

...BTW! About physics and lovely Path Profile features... (future Feature Request spoiler) How I'd love it be compatibleee! :(

PS: Another vote for some/any scripting interface update info, even if it is in the most rudimentary way (please! :))
Fergus

Post by Fergus »

uddhava wrote:As far as the upgrade price goes, is that the standard upgrade price or a limited time offer? I ask because of this email I received below.

http://my.smithmicro.com/email_web/anim ... -+Upgrades

udd
I, too, found this email a strange bit of marketing - to offer new at upgrade pricing rather undermines the upgrade concept. I did ask Smith Micro re the matter but I think they see things differently. I acknowledge their right to try to sell as they see fit, but...
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

For those who are curious, here is an enterview with Sarina at Comic-on 2008

http://www.spike.com/video/nathan-turner/3033149

Darn she's married! :)

G
Sarina

Post by Sarina »

Yes, the tutorials will be step by step videos with voiceover showing you how to create a physics animation, 2D - 3D conversion and more.

Cheers,
Sarina
Sarina DuPont
(Former) Product Manager
Smith Micro Software, Inc.
-----------------------------
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/animestudio
Twitter: http://twitter.com/anime_studio
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

...Cool! I think I'm having problems treating to make bone physics react in the way I want so, although I'll continue trying it, I'll wait (impatiently) for such tutorials.

Thank you very much in advance! :)

PS: Hmmm, for example... Do you know why that physics chains never stop moving?? (or even quite the opposite) I supossed that there would be an option that make things like chains of bones (or any objects) lose "energy" dy degrees, but I'm playing idly with all the settings with no results... Uhm, maybe, I should have waited for that tutorials but I suspect be missing something obvious and I have had to ask...
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

GCharb wrote:Darn she's married! :)
G
No discount for you! :lol:
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

neeters_guy wrote:No discount for you! :D
LOL
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

She looks about my daughters age, I feel so old.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

Has easing in/out improved. Are there editable velocity curves? And, can I upgrade from version 5?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

heiseman wrote:can I upgrade from version 5?
From what I read yes you can!

I have seen no differences in ease in and ease out so far.

G
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

Dang! That has been my biggest request since even Moho days. Their current ease in/out is terrible. Everything has a smoothness to it which is very unrealistic, especially if you are animating something with impact like a bouncing ball or a punch.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I tried to fix ease in and out while playing with the new follow path tool, not much luck!

Maybe someone else had better luck with it!

G
heiseman

Post by heiseman »

argh!!! can anyone else confirm that easing in/out has not improved with version 7?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

heiseman wrote:argh!!! can anyone else confirm that easing in/out has not improved with version 7?
No, it's not. Anyway, you can play with the motion graph mode, it works well since Moho days and you can get any acceleration effect you want. Of course it could be better, but, bad luck, maybe in another version.
Meanwhile, enjoy the rest of the new and old features, they are really cool.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel