Anime Studio 7 is now available

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Imago

Post by Imago »

But the connection with CP are only for search and buy contents.
If I'm not interested in it, there is a method to disable it?
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Imago wrote: is a method to disable it?
Not that I can see.
oleszka

Post by oleszka »

Does Anime Studio Pro 7 work with Windows 7 Starter Edition?
I know that it works with Windows 7.... but what about limited edition as it's installed on netbooks...
or it doesn't' matter?
waynerooney

Great thoughts you share

Post by waynerooney »

I never seen this type of discussion,I am sure, you continue bringing such a nice topics furture too,and I participate every topic,Great thoughts you share in topic …..
barryem

Post by barryem »

I haven't used Windows 7 starter but I did install AS 7 Pro on my netbook with XP home edition. My guess is that if it works with XP (which it does) it'll work with Win7 Starter.

There's one issue, that AS 7 doesn't work nicely with the 1024x600 screen. It's minimum requirements say that it wants 1024x768. Playing around with it I was able to make it work sort of okay with 600 lines and if that was my only option it would be okay; just a little bothersome now and then. Much better was putting the screen in 1024x768 compress mode. Everything is a bit squashed that way but it works just fine. When the squashing is a problem, and it sometimes is, I can switch to 1024x768 scroll mode and see part of the screen at a time. That's a more normal aspect ratio but harder to use. Really though, either way isn't much of a problem.

As for speed I was surprised at how well it worked out with my Atom 280 CPU. I haven't tried anything particularly strenuous. I just do simple playful things. I'm not much of an animator. I just like playing around with it. But everything I did worked as well and seemingly as fast as on my Core 2 Duo laptop.

All in all I have to say that AS 7 seems to work fine on netbooks with only a few minor hassles.

Barry
red hamster

Post by red hamster »

Are Standard upgrade for pro and phisical upgrade the same thing or two separate purchesed?
Magnatude

Post by Magnatude »

Hey, I just got 7pro on the sale $79.99

Thats a heck of a lot better deal than any upgrade teaser they sent me with my 5pro.

All the new features.... cool. So did I miss anything by avoiding 6?

:wink:
Imago

Post by Imago »

I think not, all the old features are still on 7.
The only think you can miss are getting mad with the Switch Layers bugs, now solved with the versione 7.1.
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Elnyp

3d import

Post by Elnyp »

Hi folks

I found some ref on the smithmicro site to importing boned 3d obj models into AS 7 pro for use on a 3d layer or was that a dream??

Hope someone can help me decide if I'm really living in the real world, lol!
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: 3d import

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Elnyp wrote:Hi folks

I found some ref on the smithmicro site to importing boned 3d obj models into AS 7 pro for use on a 3d layer or was that a dream??

Hope someone can help me decide if I'm really living in the real world, lol!
AS has a new tool to import and control Poser's 3d rigs and some shading options. I never have tested it, anyway, but it's true.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
cableon

Post by cableon »

Hey everyone

It has been a while since I last came here, and there is one little thing I would like to know :

Is there a chance that a French ASP7 upgrade could work with an English ASP5 licence ? Or do I have to purchase the whole ASP7 French set again ?

(Yes I did skip ASP6 for sure, and do remember that you did have to pay the full price again to get a French ASP5 translation, even though owning the English version AND the separate Official Guide.)
cableon

Post by cableon »

And... it WORKS. Yee-hah.

;)

Talk soon folks!
shift

Post by shift »

Does AS 7 install on both Mac and PC or do I need to purchase a Mac version and a PC version separately?
cableon

Post by cableon »

Both!
jeff

Post by jeff »

I have just been emailed by Amazon: ASP 7 pro now on sale at Amazon (UK) for £68.97 - free postage available.