AS7

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Lost Marble wrote:Yes, AS Pro 7 can use up to four cores when rendering.
Sorry, just passed out there for a few minutes.

Will upgrade as soon as I get home!

G
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

sbtamu wrote:ty its downloading.

1 question tho, since I'm upgrading from AS6 debut do i have to download the DMG and EXE files?
The DMG is for Mac, the EXE is for Windows, so you only need one or the other.
sbtamu

Post by sbtamu »

Yes Ty, It hit me right after I posted that, had a brain freeze for a second seeing how I work on a mac at the office and a PC at home.
Sorry for bad animation

http://www.youtube.com/user/sbtamu
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Just so you peoples know, ToonBoom just released Animate 2 Pro, with multi thread support for a whooping 2000$

Thank you so very much for AS Pro 7

G
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

Hey Mike, is this final release the same release as the last beta?
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

I'm annoyed! I've been playing with Anime Studio 7 for only about an hour after the long download time and it's AWESOME! (...and I never use that word normally) I'm annoyed because I want to keep playing but I'm up at 5 and it's now 11.13. Gotta go to bed :D

The new Library and the 3D Layers are easily worth the upgrade price. I'm hooked on creating 3D shapes already. Amazing! Night night :D
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

I can't believe how quickly AS 7 came out! Does anyone know if the new AS generated 3d objects export as vector? I wonder if the depth sorting issue was fixed? By adding 3d, it seems Mike wasn't afraid to open Pandora's box after all.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

DarthFurby wrote:Does anyone know if the new AS generated 3d objects export as vector? By adding 3d, it seems Mike wasn't afraid to open Pandora's box after all.
No, they render out to movie files, but don't convert to vector if you're exporting SWF.

Yeah, well, I've opened lots of Pandora's boxes. With audio recording, we're also on the road to becoming an audio editor.

-Mike
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Lost Marble wrote:
DarthFurby wrote:By adding 3d, it seems Mike wasn't afraid to open Pandora's box after all.
Yeah, well, I've opened lots of Pandora's boxes. With audio recording, we're also on the road to becoming an audio editor.
-Mike
I think it's a great version, thanks Mike. I hope new versions of Moho still opening as many panora's boxes as possible.
You and the people from SmithMicro have made a great work. It's very nice to certainly know that AS keeps growing and stills kicking ass to its competitors (in my humle opinion...)

Personally, my favorite features are New curves, Curve Exposure and Curve Profile. That three are less bombastic than Physics or multi core render, but they are simply AMAZING.

Thank you again. It's a great day.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
heiseman

Velocity curves? Proper easing in/out?

Post by heiseman »

Ok, so this will determine whether or not I buy the upgrade...

Are there adjustable velocity curves between keyframes (like most other animation software includes)? Has easing in/out been fixed? Can the bouncing ball animation test now be done realistically with few keyframes?

Also, is there a trial? I really want this version to be good!
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

Mike, congratulations to you and Smith Micro for what appears to be an absolutely phenomenal release! I've been looking for a tool that lets you do simple 3D cel-shaded graphics for a very long time now, and here it is nicely integrated in my favourite 2D animation software. How convenient!

I do have to ask, though. Were you able to sneak any enhancements into the scripting interface while you were adding support for the new features?
dsaenz825

Post by dsaenz825 »

It IS true! :shock:

just got back from work and checked my email when I saw a smith micro letter about AS7. At first I thought it was a scam, as anime studio 6 was not that long ago, but checking here really made my day.

By the way, I havent been able to log on much due to school and my new job, but I'm now glad that paycheck is coming up next. :wink:
I love comments for they help me improve on my weaknesses.
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

dsaenz825 wrote:It IS true!
Sure is.

Downloaded it at 2.6 mb/s, was never happier to have fast Internet acces! :)

G
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Thank you Mike, the new update seems very interesting, a lot of nice features, great work!! :D
Debo

Post by Debo »

Does anyone have a link to a trial version?