Kanvus anyone

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

gdub

Kanvus anyone

Post by gdub »

Has anyone had experience with the Kanvus brand of tablets?
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

If I am not mistaken, the Kanvus is a notepad for students and such doubled with a tablet. So if you re a student and needs to take notes at school then transfer the whole thing on your computer then this might be good for you.

If you are in the market for a graphic tablet, then I strongly suggest you go with Wacom tablet, even a 4X6 will get you a long way in the digital graphic arts.

I found a few reviews on youtube, you might wanna have a look at them and see what it does exactly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7nZ5Vso ... feature=iv

G
eok

Post by eok »

Kworld actually has multiple Kanvus tablet models. The Kanvus Note (which the YouTube video appeared to cover) is probably not suitable as a production drawing tool. However, the Kanvus Artist or Kanvus Life tablets look pretty good. The Kanvus Artist tablets have more resolution than than the Life models (4000 LPI vs 2000 LPI) - but I'd think the Life's resolution would be just fine for drawing - at least, for me.

I have a Bamboo and have been looking for a bit more surface area. I've done a bunch of research and looked at all my options. A new Wacom tablet is just too expensive for me right now. I've read a lot of good reviews on the Kanvus Artist and Life tablets. I run XP 64 - so 64 bit drivers are a must for me. Kanvus has 64 bit drivers. BUT: Kanvus tablets don't appear to be usable in Linux (Ubuntu). That's what's making me think twice about getting one. So, for now, I'm just sticking with my Bamboo tablet. Otherwise (based on feedback from people who actually use them - some of them past Wacom customers), Kanvus Life/Artist tablets are actually a reasonable alternative to Wacom products.

I wouldn't be in this fix if Wacom provided 64bit drivers for their old serial tablets. I have two dearly loved serial-based 6x8 Wacom Artpads that I no longer can use. I dearly miss using them.
---
eok
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

I stand corrected! :)
gdub

Post by gdub »

Thanks for the info!