Good book

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I think a .doc is a good idea. It's very easy to edit and resave it to pdf.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
aleXean

Post by aleXean »

I think AmigaMan you are a godsend!! Seriously you RAWK.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Thanks AleXean. Appreciated.

Selgin - I looked at PagePlus but it only saves in PagePlus format or .pdf as far as I can see. I tried to load the .pdf into OpenOffice without success. Have you had any luck opening the .pdf in another format?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

It can't export into Plain Text or RTF? Don't use any software which can't do that.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

slowtiger wrote:It can't export into Plain Text or RTF? Don't use any software which can't do that.
The main problem is to maintain the design. Export to plain text has no sense in this case. Actually, I'm translating it in wordpad, but I need to put that plain text inside the designed pdf.

I have an idea, I saw on serif pageplus page there are two versions, free and pro. Free version has several limitations like can't export to pdf. Maybe we could edit your original file using the free version, send you back the translated file and you export it to pdf.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

That sounds a good idea Selgin. I notice it can 'save as package' which saves everything connected to the project, including images and fonts into a file so I may try this. I will send you a link when done.
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Selgin, I've saved the file in 3 formats to see which you can load easiest into the free version of PagePlus for editing. I've sent you a PM with the link. Once you've decided which is best I will email the others.
wena

Post by wena »

If it's a matter of converting the text of the book into an editable version, that's not a problem.

Directly from a pdf file I can convert to Word by using the program I have, called Read Write Gold. It uses it's Optical Character Recognition(O.C.R).

Or a very convoluted way would be to print it out and then scan it into any O.C.R system. There are programs I am told in the Lunx operating system that can import and edit PDF files.

Wena
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

To get the text alone is easy, just select all then copy paste into a text editor.

The problem is to get all the whole thing formated then export it back as a pdf.

Havnt installed Acrobat pro yet, will try today, if it works i'll send an editable file.

G
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Oh yeah I can save the text alone as RTF but it's not much use. It'd be a nightmare to link it all back to the pictures.

Thanks GCharb - I hope it works. I bet if I'd have created the thing in Open Office to start with there'd have been no problem :roll:
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

selgin wrote:I bet if I'd have created the thing in Open Office to start with there'd have been no problem
DOH! ;)

Heheh, I ll install it today and see! :)
wena

Post by wena »

If you want it all in text, I would be prepared to do it in say an hour. PM I would do it for you.

Don't forget the time laps

Wena
Stan

Post by Stan »

Please sign me in for a Russian translation. :wink:

Well, the problem is that PDF is a good format only for distribution, not for editing. The easiest way would be to work with the PagePlus project file, but free version of that program is not available yet. Another solution - we could take the original text (RTF or even plain) with picture files and re-assemble the book in Open Office or another program, preserving the original document layout - if four of us (I mean Selgin, GCharb, Uolter, and me) take 10 pages each - it wouldn't take long.

Don't even think seriously about major editing PDF file in any program. Manual re-assembling 41-page project into another really editable format will be way faster.
SayaGyi

Post by SayaGyi »

Adobe Acrobat Pro allows you to save a PDF out as a Word document, usually including the graphics.

Or you can save individual pages as TIFF files and then use OCR on them - e.g. ABBYY is an excellent program.
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure I am.
artfx

Post by artfx »

Are there a lot of Anime Studio users in Italy? Has this software spread further and wider than I ever imagined?
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
LEARN HOW TO Make YOur Own Animated Film!
Get Video Training to Show You How!