Interface Layout (noob question?)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Wigwam

Interface Layout (noob question?)

Post by Wigwam »

Sorry if this is in the manual - but I wondered how I can set Moho 5.1 to look like a standard windows application. I don't like seeing my desktop icons poking through between the pallettes, etc.

I've seen screenshots of Moho in use and it looks like a "full screen" app. Mine looks more modular.

Any help would be appreciated. In the mean time (flick, flick - or click, click!) I'll be reading the manual.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

The versions before 5 were single window. A lot of people requested it this way, so in they're usual responsive fashion made it this way. Sometimes you want the timeline huge, or to expand the layers window for a complicated project. And it's great if you run a multi monitor setup. But I don't, and generally want the same thing as you for normal work. Basically, you just have to size the individual panels so the cover the available screen real estate. It's not so hard to set it up so the desktop is invisible. All the windows but the Tool panel are resizable. Just gotta juggle 'em around.
Wigwam

Post by Wigwam »

Thanks! But what a shame! Never mind, I'll just have to get used to it.

BTW - can you save the layout or not?
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Not as a preset, but it's layout state is saved whenever you close Moho, so it's the same when you open it again.

Not too much to get used to. It's pretty easy to set up a good working arrangement that covers anything you don't want to see. I generally work with a 1280x1024 screen res, so depending on how many extra tool scripts I have installed, I might have a little room under the Tool panel. I usually just fill it with the Actions window, and that covers it.
Wigwam

Post by Wigwam »

Thanks again. I noticed the layout was "restored" (The drawing area didn't restore properly - a shift to the left was all that was required)

I'm "new" to all this Moho stuff - tooning in general actually. I put down my pen(cil) 30 years ago and now I'm taking it up again. I'm looking forward to a long and creative adventure...

Thanks for your swift responses.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I never really did much in the way of hand drawn animation (short a a few pretty cool flip-book style bits - not including the ones in every notebook I ever had in school), doing something in the medium was something I was too slow at. Stop motion I've done tons of, but I always found 2D to be intimidating. I could work for days without sleeping on a single claymation shot, but the thought of doing more than a few seconds of trad animation would send my head spinning. That's why I like Moho. I can approach the stuff I always wanted to do, but just couldn't get together. And it gives me a different medium to work in than the physical 3D stuff I do every day.
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

7feet wrote:Not as a preset, but it's layout state is saved whenever you close Moho, so it's the same when you open it again.

Not too much to get used to. It's pretty easy to set up a good working arrangement that covers anything you don't want to see. I generally work with a 1280x1024 screen res, so depending on how many extra tool scripts I have installed, I might have a little room under the Tool panel. I usually just fill it with the Actions window, and that covers it.
I run dual 19" monitors at 1280x1024 and Moho doesn't do a very good job of remembering my window configuration. The stage is the only window that remembers its position. The layers, style and timeline windows remember there size, but not there position. Any idea what could be causing this? I'm using an nVidia video card.