Uploading files?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

saintmovius

Uploading files?

Post by saintmovius »

Where and how do we upload files in this forum to share our work?
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

Sorry, but you can't upload files to this forum. You're welcome to sign up for a free web hosting service, and upload your files there - then just link to them from this forum.

You can sign up for GeoCities here:

http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/learn2/Ho ... _Free.html
2ner

Post by 2ner »

I guess we can still use the old yahoo forum for uploading files.
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

The problem with the old Yahoo forum was that it had limited space, and no real organization. Every once in a while, I had to pick some files to delete without knowing which files people might want in the future. If everyone uploads their files to their own websites, each person has control over their own files - if one person runs out of space, it's up to them to clean up their own files.
2ner

Post by 2ner »

Hm...
Well this is one feature which the new forum lacks, compared to the old one. Now people are going to be getting those free web hosting accounts which are filled with spam and pop-ups and side-bars that install themselves in your browser and who knows what sort of spyware and adware. That's the sort of thing we were trying to get away from, right? Too bad. It would be nice if you could provide some space here, where people could easily post pictures, upload files, and even form groups to collaborate on projects. I for one won't be able to post anything till I set up some webspace. I don't know how many people are in the same boat. Anyway, I'm not complaining. This is a great new forum you've built here and I thank you. I guess you could consider this a feature request.
spasmodic_cheese

Post by spasmodic_cheese »

you can always BUY web space, someplaces as cheap as $2.50 a month!
nobudget

Post by nobudget »

http://www.powweb.com/index.htm
$7.77 month, 1 GB space, 5 GB data limit each day. Bit much to put a moho file or a little quicktime clip but maybe it's useful for someone.

Reindert.
www.nobudgetvideo.com
Ric_535

Post by Ric_535 »

ive been with AOL for a couple of years and i was always using geocities to upload files to, i only just discovered a couple of months ago i had 20 megs of free space with AOL with what seems like unlimited bandwith!
7feet

Post by 7feet »

I've been using Sharemation for a while. 2 or three years. You have to set the sharing permissions, but if you put all of your shareable files in one folder, and just set the permissions for that folder to "share" it's easy as pie. I know their upgrading their software over there at the moment, and unfortunately they did somehow lose the files I had there, they were there for 2 years without a problem. Also, unlike many "free" places to put you files, they don't disallow access from external links (which it would be if you are posting stuff here). Geocities generaly doesn't allow that. I'm not a paid sponsor, I just think that it works well. Also, many "free" web space places restrict the types of files you can share, which would almost always include .wav's, and maybe .moho's 'cause they don't know what they are.

--B