Grid and precision

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Markku

Grid and precision

Post by Markku »

Thanks 7Feet for your reply on grid.

But here's another question:

if I set the grid to 1, then draw a rectangle of 1 grid unit high and 10 grid units wide. It snaps to the grid which is great, but when I zoom in on the rectangle it appears not be on the grid lines. The rectangle is slightly off to the right and up.

Why is that?

I'm exporting flash and I would like see crisp lines in the final output.
Overall I would like to have confidence on the grids so that I know everything aligns perfectly.
Manu
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Looking really, really close, I see what you mean. But it does seem to be consistant, and it seems to be a shift of around 1/10th of a pixel. Well under what the deepest scrutiny of a viewer couold possibly detect. The other thing is that it is internally consistent. Draw that same rectangle anywhere on the screen, and you see the exact same tiny offset. Probably some very small artifact in the way the lines are drawn to the work window. Even the blue outline denoting the visible project space exibits the exact same offset. I've drawn some pretty geometric things in Moho and never noticed anything that would lead me to believe there was anything that wasn't lining up just as it should.