Smith Micro is TELEMARKETING SPAMMING ME to my CEL PHONE!

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cartoonmonkey

Smith Micro is TELEMARKETING SPAMMING ME to my CEL PHONE!

Post by cartoonmonkey »

Smith Micro has called me no less than THREE TIMES last week, with unwanted TELEMARKETING!

These calls are not wanted, and I don't remember giving permission for Smith Micro to use my personal information I entered when buying Anime Studio, for future sales purposes / telemarketing! *ESPECIALLY DURING THE HOLIDAYS!

When I expressed concern the first time, that I had been added to a telemarketing list ( a number that forwards to my cel phone! ) I was told "it may take up to 30 days for your request to be removed to take effect.."

Now, unless they've sold my number to other companies, why in the world would it take a whole month to remove my number from their telemarketing database?!! I would think it's a simple SINGLE KEYSTROKE!
Delete my freaking number! Simple no? Needless to say, after my first request, I was called TWO MORE TIMES.

This will be the last time I purchase a Smith Micro product!
YaoiMeowmaster

Post by YaoiMeowmaster »

owwww that HAS to suck :( especially if your on a prepaid phone. (dont know if you are.
This is why you should never give out personal info to even a company you trust. They see us as dots and only see money in mind.
Just ignore the calls and use anime studio as you like. whether you use it or not does not spite them any more or less.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

In the UK and most of Europe, we have a heap of legislation which puts this kind of corporate misbehaviour into court to face hefty fines. EU laws state Opt-in and not Opt-out of such time-wasting things.

Smith Micro might want to adopt a Opt-in mindset if it wishes not to loose its valued customers.

Rhoel.
TheChewanater

Post by TheChewanater »

Not really, advertisers pay a lot of money for numbers.

Also, read the privacy policy before checking the little box. You deserve it for lying about reading it.
ImageImage