Kids love Anime Studio

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

madrobot

Kids love Anime Studio

Post by madrobot »

School holidays are here, my 8 year old son has been harassing me to show him how to "draw on the computer." So I set him up with an (admittedly crappy old graphire) wacom to draw in photoshop - didn't like it. So back to the mouse and I fired up ASpro and set him loose with the add point tool and the shape fill paint bucket - loves it. I had to go in and clean up a bit but watching over my shoulder he is quickly getting the gist of it.

So I had him draw a character, showed him how to scan it in, cut it out and opened as a png in ASpro, boned it up and showed him some very basic animation. It was a mess, just distorted the image, but he's started to get an idea of what's possible - next time we'll draw limbs etc seperately and then drag to the bones into position on frame 1. "Tomorrow" I said, so he shrugged and picked up his Nintendo DS to play Drawn to Life, where you draw a character which you run around in the game with. "Hey! That's cheating, I said not until tomorrow!" :)
mental_bith

Post by mental_bith »

i'm also new and 17 now can u teach me how u boned the photo png image, i need to bone my photo
<.< My Photo on tha left side : cry:
need to bone him so that i could make it talk out loud and louder : lol:
artfx

Post by artfx »

mental_bith wrote:i'm also new and 17 now can u teach me how u boned the photo png image, i need to bone my photo
<.< My Photo on tha left side : cry:
need to bone him so that i could make it talk out loud and louder : lol:
You want to put bones in the image of the dog in order to make it talk? You may be able to cut up the image such that you can get a useful effect for that, but I don't think it is the ideal setup for that kind of animation work. You would need to do some "redraw" for the parts that are removed also, like creating the appearance of the inside of the mouth etc.
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
LEARN HOW TO Make YOur Own Animated Film!
Get Video Training to Show You How!
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

Or do it cut-out, Monty Python style. It really depends on what it's for. If it's for fun, go cut-out. So make 2 pngs, one with the whole dog minus the lower jaw, and the other just the jaw, and then wiggle the jaw using a bone or layer translation. You'll need to clean up the dog layer, like the man said, draw the inside of the mouth or something.

Anyway really the key thing is just to have a go. By making a mess you get your head around how it works, and how you'd like to do it better. I could walk you through 2 pages of instructions, but if I'm not clear you'll get stuck. In the time it would take you to read it you'll find your own better way through experimentation.

Go nuts and good luck
mental_bith

Post by mental_bith »

madrobot wrote: I could walk you through 2 pages of instructions

Go nuts and good luck
that is going to be awesome!

: cry:

:oops:
combustioNanalysis

Post by combustioNanalysis »

is this thread dead :cry:
Burning inside and out