General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

da2tha3

Anime Studio 5 error...?

Post by da2tha3 »

I've just got this error:

"Could not open file

Error details:

Read error at line 197478. In code file C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\lm_tree\lib_moho\m_mesh.cpp, line 189."

Now then, I've no idea where that file is, since the "Owner" folder simply does NOT exist on my system. I've never seen this error before in 18 months of using Anime almost every single day. Has anyone else come across it, and does anyone have a solution?
da2tha3

Post by da2tha3 »

Hmm. I'm assuming that with 48 views, nobody's actually come across this error in the past?
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

If it was me, the first thing I'd look at is: what has changed recently? Have I installed a script, downloaded a program, started up some utility whcih is new? I'd look at scripts first...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

I get this fairly often. The error is not in the file linked to but in the document you try to open...
The error message just refers to which part of AS that tries to interpret line 197478 (or 189, not sure which of them from the top of my head).
Check that line in your .anme-file and you'll find the error there.
da2tha3

Post by da2tha3 »

The only thing that may have changed on the entire system is an installation and subsequent uninstallation of Google Earth. Otherwise everything's the same. I'm pretty sure I accessed the file after those installations anyway. The only other change was an AVG update. At least that's all I'm aware of.

You're right in telling me to look at those things, but it was also the first thing I checked myself... certainly haven't installed any scripts, and other .anme files open fine... it's just this one. Weird.
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

da2tha3 wrote:...and other .anme files open fine... it's just this one. Weird.
Then that particular file is broken. At line 189.
Open it up in a text editor and see if you can see anything strange there. If you don't have any experience w. editing anme-files post it here and someone else can have a look and see if they can fix it for you.
da2tha3

Post by da2tha3 »

Actually, if you read my original post...

That file, the code file referenced by the error... does NOT exist, and never has, since the 'Owner' directory has never existed inside the C:\Documents and Settings folder. Line 197478 in the original file is the final line of the code, and that specific line is the exact same as any other .anme file's final line of code.

I don't see any problems in the code, that's why I'm so confused.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

It's time to email the developer...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

da2tha3 wrote:Actually, if you read my original post...

That file, the code file referenced by the error... does NOT exist, and never has, since the 'Owner' directory has never existed inside the C:\Documents and Settings folder. Line 197478 in the original file is the final line of the code, and that specific line is the exact same as any other .anme file's final line of code.

I don't see any problems in the code, that's why I'm so confused.
If line 197478 is the final line of the .anme then it suggests a corrupted line mid file - the program has got to the end of the source code without finding a layer end delimiter.

Can you post the file online somewhere for us to look at and see if its salvageable. Also is it a 6.# or a 5.# file. (not everyone has 6 as yet).

Rhoel
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

rylleman wrote:
da2tha3 wrote:...and other .anme files open fine... it's just this one. Weird.
Then that particular file is broken. At line 189.
Open it up in a text editor and see if you can see anything strange there. If you don't have any experience w. editing anme-files post it here and someone else can have a look and see if they can fix it for you.
There is an art to this since there is no published description of the file format. A forum search turns up various solutions, eg.:

Could not open file. Error details: Read error at line 92130

I was doing some layer sorting when my file got corrupted and what finally solved it for me was deleting layer_order block. I have no idea why it worked, but as a back up strategy I now save using a different filename than my working file.

Good luck. Let us know how you fix this problem.
da2tha3

Post by da2tha3 »

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I've uploaded the file here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/m8wytm

I just hope someone can figure out what's wrong with it. It does seem that a "layer end delimiter" (as Rhoel said) is missing, but I'm not entirely sure how to remedy it.

I tried the "layer_order" way, but there are several instances of "layer_ordering" in the file, so I'm not sure it's a good idea to delete them all.
neeters_guy

Post by neeters_guy »

da2tha3 wrote:I tried the "layer_order" way, but there are several instances of "layer_ordering" in the file, so I'm not sure it's a good idea to delete them all.
I wouldn't delete those blocks specifically; that was just one example of how a file could become corrupt.

Edited -- Solution: Rhoel addresses this much better below.
Last edited by neeters_guy on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

da2tha3 wrote:Thanks a lot for the replies.

I've uploaded the file here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/m8wytm

I just hope someone can figure out what's wrong with it. It does seem that a "layer end delimiter" (as Rhoel said) is missing, but I'm not entirely sure how to remedy it.

I tried the "layer_order" way, but there are several instances of "layer_ordering" in the file, so I'm not sure it's a good idea to delete them all.
Okay, saved most of it. As suspected, one of the layers went open circuit. everything up to line 7308 is fine but the Fades Layer is doomed.

Open the file in a text editor (try ScITE - free download and a first rate file editor), and delete the end of the file from ln 7309 ... it starts

layer_type 1
{
### generic layer values
name "Fades"
quality_flags 1020
origin 0 0
parent_bone -1
visible true
render_only false
edit_only false
scale_compensation true
rotate_to_follow false
face_camera false
masking 0
blend_mode 0
camera_immune true
dof_immune false

### transforms
translation
[
keys 1
0 1 0.1 0.5 0 0 0
]
scale
[
keys 1
0 1 0.1 0.5 1 1 1
]
rotation_x
etc

One of the problems is all the scenes are in one file. This is a headache for any computer as the program gets slower as the file increases. And unfortunately, the chances of a corrupt file also increase.

Alternatively, instead of fixing it yourself, you can download the changed version here, it's renamed Song_4.saved.anme. (right click and Save target as... ).

Hopefully, you haven't lost too much if it was only the fades layer that fell over.

Rhoel

PS: Ahh, neeters_guy beat me to it whilst I was working on the fix. Good to see he agrees on SciTE.
bleep

Post by bleep »

the biggest error we ever made was to open the path for Virus without a firewall or antivirus
Note: the error #
0001857 file C:\Documents and Settings\My Documents\bleep\lm_tree\lib_moho\m_mesh.cpp, line
File name the DMC.anme
the infection was so brutal that, it corrupted the entire system within 'days'
and its still spreading in the system of our CP.

We repeat do not make the same mistake described above

EDIT# virus came in zip file becoz of our own mistake, so beware of IT.
V:?
justiceleague

Post by justiceleague »

i had similar problem!:evil: