Anime Studio 6.1 freeze

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

two2me

Anime Studio 6.1 freeze

Post by two2me »

Hello everyone

I am a newbie and although I used to have anime 5.6 I have just upgraded to 6.1 .
My problem with the new 6.1 is whenever I click the input "text" either on the tools palette or via the menu, the programme freezes.
I am using a vector layer.
Am I doing something wrong ?
BTW my Anime studio is running on XP Pro.
Thanks for any help!

Eugene
FCSnow

Post by FCSnow »

two2me wrote:
My problem with the new 6.1 is whenever I click the input "text" either on the tools palette or via the menu, the programme freezes.

I've experienced this problem this very morning. I thought I may be doing something wrong (which wouldn't be the first time). But, ASP-6.1 continued to freeze up everytime I tried to use the TEXT tool. Since I still had ASP-6.0 still installed on my computer, I open it tried it there and it worked just fine. I think we may have a bug. Can anyone else confirm this?

F.C.Snow
Precise Planning And Timing
Never Suceeds Like Dump Luck.
swrecordings

Post by swrecordings »

i use text WAY to often in my animation and this always happens to me
Lost Marble
Site Admin

Post by Lost Marble »

How many fonts do you have installed. There's a problem where if you have many, many fonts that they're getting scanned in a way that isn't freezing the program, but is causing a long delay. I've heard of one case where this delay can last up to a couple minutes. Try sometime to invoke the text tool then go watch TV or take a shower or something and come back later to see if you get past the delay.

I'm working on a fix, by the way.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

As testimony I can say I just formated my pc and I have just the windows fonts. text window charges in no more than five seconds.

Thanks, Mike.
two2me

Post by two2me »

Thanks for the info.
rogermate

Re: Anime Studio 6.1 freeze

Post by rogermate »

two2me wrote:Hello everyone

I am a newbie and although I used to have anime 5.6 I have just upgraded to 6.1 .
I am using a vector layer.
Am I doing something wrong ?
BTW my Anime studio is running on XP Pro.
Thanks for any help!

Eugene
Has this bug been fixed yet? I don't have an enormous amount of fonts, but more than the standard. Only install a font when I actually use one. But in any event, application software should never hang just because there are lots of fonts installed.

Please still support version 6 and get this working.

Also, can anyone with 7 comment if the Text tool has been fixed?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Anime Studio 6.1 freeze

Post by Víctor Paredes »

rogermate wrote:Also, can anyone with 7 comment if the Text tool has been fixed?
If I remember well, it's fixed on version 7.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel