Reparent Bone problems

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

nimrod_o

Reparent Bone problems

Post by nimrod_o »

I was trying the tutorial 3.4 "Character setup".
But when trying to reparent bones i get the following:

Any ideas as to why? and what can i do about this?
:shock:

thanks in advance Nim

Edit: o.k. just found how to do it...
first click on "select bone" then "reparent bone" then hold the "control key" and select a new parent bone.
This is in contrast to what it says in the bar!
"click to attach bone to a new parent (hold <alt> to select a new bone)"
mykyl1966

Post by mykyl1966 »

When you are creating the bones start with the spine as you have done. then go along one arm as you have done. then before creating the bone for the other arm click on the 'Selest' bone or press 'B' on the keyboard and choose the top spine bone then choose 'Add Bone' or press 'A' to create the new arm bones. Once again choose the 'Select Bone' button and selest the lower spine bone and back to @add bone' etc etc.

Maybe someone will be more clear than I am with an explanation. Doing this insures the correct parent is chosen for each body bone part.

Cheers

Mike R
nimrod_o

Re: Reparent Bone problems

Post by nimrod_o »

Thanks for the info...
Anycase if you would like to edit the reparenting, this is what i found:

first click on "select bone" then "reparent bone" then hold the "control key" and select a new parent bone.
This is in contrast to what it says in the bar!
"click to attach bone to a new parent (hold <alt> to select a new bone)"[/quote]
mykyl1966

Post by mykyl1966 »

Excellent. Tips like that are welcome. I would have just started again by deleting the bone layer. lol.

Cheers

Mike R
nimrod_o

Post by nimrod_o »

Any chance you know how to delete a single bone after reparenting?

Edit - just found that out too.
Same principal - make it the last child by reparenting it's children further up...and then you can delete it without losing the other bones which were it's children. :lol:
myles

Post by myles »

The simple way works here, no Control key involved.

Just select a child bone to re-parent (using the Select Bone tool), hit the Reparent Bone button, then a single click on the desired new parent (and if you miss, just keep normal-clicking until you get it).

If you wish to re-parent another child bone, while still using the Reparent Bone tool, Alt-click to select the new child bone, then normal-click on the desired new parent.

You can also use Alt-click to start with, to choose the child bone you wish to re-parent, using the Reparent Bone tool, instead of using the Select Bone tool.

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx