What should i export as if i am...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

salp42

What should i export as if i am...

Post by salp42 »

editing the files in sony vegas. I want to do the scenes one at a time in anime studio then put it in Sony vegas to add music and order each scene. But when i put it in sony vegas it is really blurry. So what should i export it as? And if you know what should i then export it as in sony vegas to put on youtube?

Choices for vegas are .wmv .avi .mpg and all those other ones
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Perhaps a moderator should start a sticky thread with advice on exporting for YouTube? It gets asked so often here.

For Vegas, perhaps try exporting from AS with the PNG codec, MILLIONS OF COLORS, make sure the project settings in AS is something decent like PAL or HD, then the video in Vegas could be blurry because the two project settings in both programs don't match? Or perhaps its just the compressor the program's using (I dunno if this is possible...)

For YouTube, I'd suggest exporting from Vegas with H.264 codec or MPEG 4, at about 2000 kb/sec, 640 x 480 and up, not lower than 480 x 360. (That's all for 4:3 aspect ratio). For the audio codec, either AAC stereo or LINEAR PCM, stereo, 41,000 KHz or thereabouts, could go down to 32,000 and not hear much difference, 16-bit.

I THINK that's all correct, but I could be wrong.
salp42

Post by salp42 »

thanks again. I'll try that.