All the %$#@& spammers

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

F.M.

All the %$#@& spammers

Post by F.M. »

We are under siege, and no spam killer in sight!
"and then Man created god!"
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Gee, I dunno about that. But what I DO know about is the fantastic deals they have on REPLICA JEWELRY --X-- @.*.(jewelry watches software corndogs antiques time-travel wrestlers bulldogs brakepads otherworldly machinery)
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

This forum is 100 times better than my email. I get offers trying to sell me from electronics to pills that do everything, and I have won so many contests that if only 5% where real I would be typing from some a lot nicer and warmer.

Dale
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I recently have been receiving a ton of junk email too. First I unsubscribe then I report it as spam. It doesn't seem to place a dent in it.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Stop replying to spam, here or in you own email. It lets them know that someone is reading it and they will just send more. Label it as junk an hope that the junk filters pick it up.

Dale
Rhoel

Re: All the %$#@& spammers

Post by Rhoel »

F.M. wrote:We are under siege, and no spam killer in sight!
You might be surprised - there are three of us on daily patrol to kill the stuff ... you are looking at just a fraction of it: I don't move it to the spam bucket as Google still reads the post there and ups the ranking, which is what these guys want. I let power go to my head and kill the post stone dead.

But it's still a pain in the anterior. I recently have been copying the posts to tho websites host ISP, with the recommendation their account be killed off at source - at least one ISP has obliged and confirmed a website was deleted as it contravened their account holder policy.

So spammers beware, I talk to your ISP with the recommendation you loose your account.

Rhoel
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Thanks, for still being at your post!
"and then Man created god!"
kavlor

Post by kavlor »

I dont have much trouble with my Yahoo mail,it seems to do a good job of filtering.I think over the years they've improved as the search and filtering seemed broken but now working(I can filter emails into their own folders but initially it didn't work).