Need Animator for Pilot Episode of Comedy animation.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MrTech

Need Animator for Pilot Episode of Comedy animation.

Post by MrTech »

Hi I am creating a animated movie and I really need a 2d animator to help make it come true, I've already got voice actors, script writer and a musician who are all voluntary.

Once the animation is made then we can try and get some cash for it, but until then I'm afraid it will have to be voluntary it is a simple movie, with simple dilbert/family guy graphics and would go for 20 - 45 minute max.

Please email me if you are interested or want additional information

Kind Regards
Robert Thurman
robertthurman@aapt.net.au
Acochran_89

Post by Acochran_89 »

That's A LOT of work....despite the fact that 20-45 minutes isn't very long time wise...it's REALLY long animation wise. I just wish to say good luck finding someone to do it for free :wink:

And I suggest posting this in the animation jobs section of the forum

good luck and hope to see the end product some day
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Hyuk hyuk hyuk hyuk hyuk hyuk.

Why pay now when you can (maybe) pay later?
Freakish Kid

Post by Freakish Kid »

Hi,

You'll never get anyone to produce that amount of work for you for free. Just in terms of time frame a single animator would probably need 20-40 months to make that kind of animation (a good animator could probably do around 1 - 2 minutes a month)

I know of no one who can spare 2-4 years of their life for free.

Even if you had a team of animators you'd need at least a year to make it, by team I mean 4-5 animators. If you had 30 you'd probably get it finished in a few months.

My suggestion to you is to put together a pitch and try and sell it from there, make a short test - maybe a sequence from the script - (most people would be willing to help on the project if they see its a good one).

No one puts in production a full scale episode without a budget. You have to respect the artist and buy wanting them to give up 2 years of their life for free you're not really doing that.

Make a test, put a pitch bible and presentation together. Go to the different studios/networks and try to sell it that way.

No point in running before you can walk.

Hope the info has been useful.

FK.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I'm working on a animation, the budget is 20k for 6 to 8 minuets. Time 6 to 8 months. Currently 4 animators part time.

As other have said, Good Luck.

Dale
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

You need to SELL this concept. Why would anyone trust you to sell this work when - if - it ever gets completed, if you can't even sell the idea to potential participants beforehand? Let's assume you value an artist's time -- why would you expect something of value without *some* kind of enticement; stuff completed to date, script synopsis, storyboard/animatic, backgrounds etc etc...
"You're creating an animated movie"? What are YOU doing?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
KartoonManagement

Whoa

Post by KartoonManagement »

I've been using anime studio for about 7 months now. I have a series on youtube that people really enjoy. I am the only animator and it only takes me about 1 week to do 6 mins. You can check out y work if you like but if the cartoon is funny and has a great story then its a hit. Good Luck to everyone.

www.youtube.com/user/KartoonManagement
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Re: Whoa

Post by Víctor Paredes »

KartoonManagement wrote:I've been using anime studio for about 7 months now. I have a series on youtube that people really enjoy. I am the only animator and it only takes me about 1 week to do 6 mins. You can check out y work if you like but if the cartoon is funny and has a great story then its a hit. Good Luck to everyone.
www.youtube.com/user/KartoonManagement
Hey, please, don't spam the forum. you can make your own entry on share your work and wait for replies. write your link on several not related topics just people don't watch it. Nobody likes spam.