Anime Studio 6.1

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rudiger

Re: Anime Studio 6.1

Post by Rudiger »

ulrik wrote: Is there some additional scripting dokuments available for the new functionality?
Yes, it would be fantastic if you could post the latest versions of the C++ header files like you did last time.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I just downloaded the new version and I'm playing with it right now.
Mike, just a question, I noticed the font of the software have changed, I suppose it is because now AS uses the system fonts as default (but I don't know really), and it's great because I never will be worried again about using non english characters... and I'm very obsessive with orthography.
My screen is pretty small, so I want to now if is there any way to edit the size of the new font. It's far to be serious, but I don't lose anything asking.
Thanks again for this new version, I can't wait what fantastics things scripters will do with the new features!
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Selgin! I still have remembered! If you are in Windows and go to:

"C:\Documents and Settings\SelgincitoDelOlvidoSelgincitoDelSeñor\Datos de programa\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro", and add something like this at your own taste...

Code: Select all

"SmallFontSize"	"7"
"LargeFontSize"	"8"
"RegularFont"	"tahoma.ttf"
"BoldFont"	"tahomabd.ttf"
"ItalicFont"	"ariali.ttf"
...in to the "Anime Studio Pro6.0.user.settings" file, you sould be able to change your font settings! I'm not sure for "Anime Studio Pro 6", but at least it worked in that way for previews versions, and I'm just supposing that it'll be the same...

PS: And don't forget to backup the original file just in case! (I'd do it).

EDIT: Aaand here is the original post :arrow: viewtopic.php?p=3532#3532
Last edited by Rai López on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Oh, BTW, someone could clarify how exactly the "problem with extra edges on shapes that share a construction curve" have been fixed? I mean, I suppose we still be able to have shapes/edges that share a construction curve, isn't?? Cause I do it all the time and, as soon as I read about that fix, I started to be worried... (it wouldn't be the first feature that I used to use that is suddenly eliminated for strange/whimsical reasons ¬ ¬), so... have someone experimented with it in someway?

Oh, and about the new scripting possibilities... (I'll say it) "they can bring a whole new world of possibilities!" :D Ufff... too much time since I didn't use that phrase here... but it's true :)
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Thanks Mike, these are fantastic. Of course, making our feature requests a reality only encourages us to ask(complain?) for more, more, MORE.
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

The video import was not fixed. 5.6 could handle divx and mpg codec's. Will this and the splotchy effect be fixed?

That and the annoying fact that you have to do something to trigger a time line appear, the 6.1 still seems like a downgrade.

Dale
Stan

Post by Stan »

Ramón López wrote:Oh, BTW, someone could clarify how exactly the "problem with extra edges on shapes that share a construction curve" have been fixed? I mean, I suppose we still be able to have shapes/edges that share a construction curve, isn't??
Don't worry - that just means "No more that annoying thin white stripe on hidden edges" :)
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

And guess what...THE CYCLE BUG IS FIXED! Woop woop.
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

dueyftw wrote:Will this and the splotchy effect be fixed?
Oh, yeah, that is what I was reffering... "Sketchy Effect" is one of that features that I used to use (constantly! :x) and that seems to have been removed for some strange/whimsical reason... And now brushes looks so sharp & ugly to me...

So... you are sure several strokes can coexist on the same construction curve, is't? Uff, I supposed it! But I wanted (needed) to be totally sure cuz I usually have several stroke lines, one on top of the other and with different widths, using only one construction curve for simplicity reasons and... I simply couldn't live without that...
kavlor

Post by kavlor »

dueyftw wrote:The video import was not fixed. 5.6 could handle divx and mpg codec's. Will this and the splotchy effect be fixed?

That and the annoying fact that you have to do something to trigger a time line appear, the 6.1 still seems like a downgrade.

Dale
Well what Im getting is the Divx videos are now visible when loaded in rather than blank but some of them the audio stops early on,Mpegs only seem to show the first frame.
Ronbo

Post by Ronbo »

Ramón López wrote:
Oh, yeah, that is what I was reffering... "Sketchy Effect" is one of that features that I used to use (constantly! :x) and that seems to have been removed for some strange/whimsical reason... And now brushes looks so sharp & ugly to me...
Have you tried: Scripts>Draw>Apply Sketchy Effect? It doesn't seem to be configurable anymore but at least it's there . . . not sure if it's an improvement, though.
Johny2

Post by Johny2 »

dueyftw wrote:400 meg download? Can have just the update of the program? I have dial up and to download it I have to use Star Downloader just to get the update.

Dale
Mikdog wrote:I also vote for just the .EXE or .APP being available. It's like, 6 MB zipped or something.

I'm a total fan of small, clean, unbloated programs. Moho used to be free of bloatware. Now its chocca. :?
Low bandwidth here. Smaller update file please. :?
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

http://www.stardownloader.com/downloads.php

I have the free version. It allowed me to down load 6.1 over 3 days

Dale
Rai López

Post by Rai López »

Ronbo wrote:Have you tried: Scripts>Draw>Apply Sketchy Effect? It doesn't seem to be configurable anymore but at least it's there... not sure if it's an improvement, though.
Hmmm, I'm not in front of Anime Studio right now but if I remember well, that only checks the "Extra Sketchy" checkbox into the Layer Vector's tab applying some kind of variable width effect over the stroke (very ugly and buggy if I remember well too (although I've not able to find the related post...) but has nothing to do with the old "Sketchy (line) Effect" that I remember... The old "Sketchy Effect", as well as be configurable, added some kind of smoothness over the line that helped a lot in some cases and, as I said, helped too to get some interesting and not so sharp results when added to brushed lines, making it more integrated with the other vector lines...

And the worst thing is I can't understand why it could have been removed! I mean, I could understand (although I don't agree with it either) why some other shape effects could have been eliminated, like Splotchy (and the other one whose name I don't remember now) cause maybe it caused some problems or conflicts with the new shape texture improvements and functionalities, but... that simple "Sketchy Effect" didn't be able to bother nobody! As far as I can imagine, of course... :roll:

PS: Hmmm, maybe a good suggestion for a new "Feature Rebirths" forum section...
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Good to have the batch output finally, will make life very much easier.

As for the 400mb download - the fastest download speed this morning here is 8.3 kbps - slowest was 0.6kbps ... I'm not going to calculate the guesstimate time for a 400mb download other to say its a very long time. I have a second cable link but my monthly quota is 500mb. QED.

Seriously, upgrades should only include the core program and any related dll/library mods.

I would go so far as suggesting new downloads should be in two files, the core application and a second a free download-at-any-time content package: Since the content is in 6.0 format, giving it avay is no isue for SM.

Having the option enables people with low or quota restricted bandwidth (like 85% of the world outside the US), can at least get the program without having their connection blighted by 380mb+ of junk.

In reality, SM is spending 80% of my paid internet connection, for no gain. And that is thoughtless.

Rhoel