I going to make the movie into a series instead

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Making this a s series is a lot more achievable than a full on movie. One comment, when working for EU and Australian broadcasters, they wanted 13 episodes not 1- ... this is due to the number of weeks in a quarter/schedule.

So series are often 13, 26, 52 episodes.

You can write the series so the thing can be cut into a full movie - I have done this at a studio and it works (sometimes with a few extra bridging scenes to make the cuts work.

Rhoel
artfx

Post by artfx »

Rhoel wrote:Making this a s series is a lot more achievable than a full on movie. One comment, when working for EU and Australian broadcasters, they wanted 13 episodes not 1- ... this is due to the number of weeks in a quarter/schedule.
Did they also want complete ownership of said episodes and all content therein? Is it still possible for an indie studio to develop and sell a 13 episode animated series to broadcasters?

Those days are long gone in America. Your only shot is to go to the network in advance, pitch your show, hope they accept it, watch them make a million changes to it, and then they own it completely.
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
LEARN HOW TO Make YOur Own Animated Film!
Get Video Training to Show You How!
jackass

Post by jackass »

As it turns out While planing the movie that is now the series im working on. I found a bunch of websites that pay for videos they aren't exclusive, lets you kept your copyright and pay 50/50 or give you the bigger percent. If you want the list just ask. Ps artfx when are you gonna make a video for us anime studio users.
artfx

Post by artfx »

jackass wrote:As it turns out While planing the movie that is now the series im working on. I found a bunch of websites that pay for videos they aren't exclusive, lets you kept your copyright and pay 50/50 or give you the bigger percent. If you want the list just ask. Ps artfx when are you gonna make a video for us anime studio users.
I have one in the works. It may be out this month or early next month at the latest.

I probably know the sites you're talking about. I've been following Scott Kirsner's writings on the industry for a long time. Be careful of "fine print" on some of those sites.
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
jackass

Post by jackass »

Ironic dun dun dun dramatic music that I got the the list from here http://www.scottkirsner.com/webvid/gettingpaid.htm Anyone feel free to use it if you wanna get paid for your creations. Just copy and paste the wedsite and save it in your bookmarks because the link dosen't work.
Last edited by jackass on Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
artfx

Post by artfx »

There's a dot at the end of the link you need to get rid of. It should be noted that this list is not up to date (I think it was in 2007 I bought Kirsner's book) and some of these sites have gone out of business or ben sold to other entities or changed their game a bit.

It should also be noted that some of the top guys these sites trot out to show how much money can be made are very rare exceptions to the rule. Not to say these sites are bad ideas, but users should be prepared to be in it for the long haul. Some f the best internet success stories spent a year or even up to three years, while not getting paid slowly building their audience to the point where they are making good money. Of course, those who stuck with it are making big money now.

Persistence is still the order of the day.
----
Terrence Walker
Studio ArtFX
jackass

Post by jackass »

don't worry I've been to the ones that meet my needs there good