open letter to Smith Micro

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DominiqueBray

open letter to Smith Micro

Post by DominiqueBray »

Hello

This is an open letter to Smith Micro, as well as Mike Clifton, Lost Marble, or any people related to Anime Studio.
I am posting it on the forum as an open letter because I have to share it with you all other AS users.

I bought Anime Studio Pro v6 on june 23, and it still just unusable because of its bugs...
I can't use it without the loop feature working. I can't use it because the 5.6 sketch effect does not work anymore. And so on...
I am not talking about new features or features I want, or small features, I am talking about main features which did work in the previous version and make AS6 unusable for me and many other people !

I am fed up of waiting ages for the update, furthermore since I know Mike Clifton corrected most of the bugs since a long time...

So what ? Do you really don't care about your customers ? Do you want that, when people will ask me about Smith Micro and Anime Studio Pro, I'll tell them that you are just jokers, really not serious people, and that you don't deserve serious workers and animations studios to trust you and your softwares ? By the way, do you think that anybody will keep on messing with a software that doesn't work or just work 50% ? Do you want me and all other fed-up users to give-up Anime Studio and start using rival softwares ?
Time is money for you and you should understand that time is money for us all too. AS users are not just kids playing with a toy for fun.

In my country there are no-swindle-rules that give you the right to get a payback when you bought something that does not do its job. I don't think these rules are usable here, but here is my request all the same :
I paid for a working software on june 23rd, I still can't do anything with it, I waited too long for it to be corrected, so now, I want it to work properly or I want my money back !

Me to you, I still do love Anime Studio and I would really regret having to give it up. But v5.6 lakes too many features, and v6 is unusable, so either I have v6 working or I give up Anime Studio. I don't have the choice, I must go on and I can't wait for you anymore.

I hope that you are more serious than I think you are, and that you will correct this situation.
________
Justin bieber fans
Last edited by DominiqueBray on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

You might try PMing Mike. I know he and Agent Smith was out of town recently at a trade show but now he's back. Did you try contacting SmithMicro? I'm sure Mike is already working on some of the bugs, so maybe there will be an update soon.
Blue

Post by Blue »

Just yesterday I sent a minor bug issue through the bug tracker and got a very quick reply and even was thanked for sending the bug and listing each step that leads to the failure and my system specs so they could repeat the problem and work on a solution.

I encourage everyone to be VERY SPECIFIC about problems and send it through the tracker. As Mike has stated, things get overlooked if only posted on the forum:

viewtopic.php?t=14098

While an update would be nice, I'm still able to happily animate in ASP6.
joelstoryboards.com - (WinXP SP3, ASP 6.1)
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

DominiqueBray

I agree, this software wasn't given a hard enough bata test.

Divx movies will not import.

Blend morph causes a crash if your actions are longer than the one frame.

The flip left to right was left out.

Style effects left out.

These are not the annoyances like changing peek short cut from "p" to "cont p" But are causing real problems. They should have been addressed before releasing AS6

I'm now left with the choice of redoing tons of work and go back to AS 5.6 to get the old features or stay with AS6 and hope that they will come back.

Dale
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

dueyftw wrote:DominiqueBray

I agree, this software wasn't given a hard enough bata test.

Divx movies will not import.

Blend morph causes a crash if your actions are longer than the one frame.

The flip left to right was left out.

Style effects left out.

These are not the annoyances like changing peek short cut from "p" to "cont p" But are causing real problems. They should have been addressed before releasing AS6

I'm now left with the choice of redoing tons of work and go back to AS 5.6 to get the old features or stay with AS6 and hope that they will come back.

Dale
Click on the "Translate Points" tool and look up to the upper right in the settings menu for each tool and you'll find the flipping tools. It took me a while to find it.

As for "style effects" could you explain?

I'm sure a new version is coming soon enough. ;)
Imago

Post by Imago »

I'm still on ASP 5.6...
I will pay ONCE for a software...
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
patricia3d

Post by patricia3d »

I am still with ASP 5.6 and struggling and comparing with Blender
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Click on the "Translate Points" tool and look up to the upper right in the settings menu for each tool and you'll find the flipping tools. It took me a while to find it.

I was talking about flip layer not points.

Splotch and spots was left out. If I want to use these effects I need to find the right image 'because an image works better'. Sure it does, but just to delete the code because the beta testers and Mike has no use for it? It not like it was bogging the program down. The zillions of user examples need to go. Unless it showing off a feature that isn't in the manual, they should think about ditching them instead of code that worked.

Moving the tools all over the place is annoying. Give me the good old days when a tool did one thing and that was it. So you have a ton of tools in the tool box, so what? That's what sliders are made for.

Dale
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

I'm still on ASP 5.6...
I pay for upgrades. The blend morph and the new gradients are worth the extra money. Most software has no other way to pay for programming work. Programs like Daz Studio pays for programming work through the Daz store. Can't afford Poser, here you go. Blender is supported by people who give their time for free to do the programming work.

For the most part I don't work for free, and don't expect anyone else to ether. If you want upgrades to software that you own, you have to pay for them.

Dale
J. Baker

Post by J. Baker »

dueyftw wrote:

I was talking about flip layer not points.

Splotch and spots was left out. If I want to use these effects I need to find the right image 'because an image works better'. Sure it does, but just to delete the code because the beta testers and Mike has no use for it? It not like it was bogging the program down. The zillions of user examples need to go. Unless it showing off a feature that isn't in the manual, they should think about ditching them instead of code that worked.

Moving the tools all over the place is annoying. Give me the good old days when a tool did one thing and that was it. So you have a ton of tools in the tool box, so what? That's what sliders are made for.

Dale
Click on the "Translate Layer" tool and look up at the tools settings menu, to the right are the "Flip Layer" tools. ;) It's like an easter egg hunt. Fun for some and not for others, lol. :D
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

Click on the "Translate Layer" tool and look up at the tools settings menu, to the right are the "Flip Layer" tools. Wink It's like an easter egg hunt. Fun for some and not for others, lol. Very Happy
Funny, I have them in the tool bar also. No easter egg hut now.

So Ya, fun when working with a walcom, it just adds extra work, and slows getting things done. Have ALL the tools in ONE place is a BETTER way of working. END of argument.

Dale
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Imago wrote:I'm still on ASP 5.6...
Pixologic has never charged a customer to upgrade their ZBrush software. You buy once and all their upgrades have been free.