Invisible Vectors

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Shin.J.Type

Invisible Vectors

Post by Shin.J.Type »

I recently started a project using all vector layers. I saved it, then went to open it later and all the vector layers had no color or outlines! I tried to refill them, but to no avail.

All of the layers read as visible, because the icon with the two eyes is on next to each vector.

Is there a solution for this?
Shin.J.Type

Post by Shin.J.Type »

Heh...I don't know what I did, but i managed to fix it...I fooled around with the camera controls, and fiddled with the zoom camera and pan camera tools, as well as the zoom workspace tool.

It's still weird, because I didn't alter the camera at all before I saved...
Shin.J.Type

Post by Shin.J.Type »

Saved and reopened the file...the vectors are gone again... :(
madrobot

Post by madrobot »

That does sound wierd.
I don't know if this will help, but try the display settings. You can turn shapes visibility on and off, and so on with other settings. Maybe fiddle with those, and reset view to home?

Good luck
n.hurst

Post by n.hurst »

I had this recently: save and it's there, open and it's gone. What's special about reopening the file? It initially shows frame zero. So you need to check the layer visibility keys *on all layers in the hierarchy*. It's probably a parent group/bone layer, that got created when you had a later frame selected.
kavlor

Post by kavlor »

Would cutting and then pasting into a new document help,I tried this and it does cut/paste the animation(at first I thought only 1 layer at a time but no it does multiple layers).
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I played around with this and could only find one thing that came close to this behavior...

Creating a NEW shape on a frame other than 0 or on a frame of a "shifted" layer and then moving in the time line to a frame BEHIND the key where that shape was created.

So what happens is you have the document open, you are on some other frame other than 0, and you created a shape. Or you created shapes on frame 0 and then you slid the layer ahead in the sequencer. The shape exists on that frame BUT NOT BEFORE THAT FRAME.

You save and close. When you reopen you are by default on frame 0. No shapes can be seen because the shape keys are ahead in the time line. You can't create shapes either over those same points because there are no keys for the shape on frame 0. You can copy and paste those keys to frame 0 and the shapes appear.

Frame 0 refers to the LAYER frame 0. If you slide the layer in the sequencer frame 0 of the layer is in a new place.

-vern
Blue

Post by Blue »

I think Vern and Madrobot hit the nail on the head.

Your vector shapes are probably not visible on frame 0, the default keyframe when AS starts up.

You said that you messed with the pan and zoom tool. Well, you probably did what I always do when panning--trigger the timeline to play. So you jumped to the frame where your vector was visible again.

Here's how you can tell. Select the vector layer in question. Look at the timeline. If you see a green line with an eyeball icon to the left--that's your culprit. Delete any keyframes for that green line, until the green line and icon disappear.
joelstoryboards.com - (WinXP SP3, ASP 6.1)
Imago

Post by Imago »

Something similer are happened to me too.
I've solved using the function "Remove animation from document", the outlines and the fill will be restored to their original values then I'd saved the file.
If the project is still on the build-up phase you can use this trick.

The problem was a wrong line on the .anme file that AS never correct. Sometime it depends on an error putting the position of the bones.
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q