General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

omenriver

Manga Studio to Anime Studio

Post by omenriver »

Is this possible?
I was looking into getting the Manga Studio
but looking through it I don't think
I will be able to move back forth between these two programs.

Omen River
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Although both programs are from the same company and "seem" to have similar names they are not related in any way. Manga Studio is for creating "still" images primarily in a "comic book" or "Manga" format. Anime Studio uses totally different curves for vector shapes. Curves more suited for animation. Bother applications were created by different developers.

I do not have Manga Studio and have not really used it. I will assume it has the ability to export EPS vector format but do not know if this format will even import properly into Anime Studio. If this does work, using the two together will pose the same issues as using Adobe Illustrator files with Anime Studio. It is a "one way" process. You would import files into Anime Studio and then rig or animate after cleaning up if that is needed, but there would be no way to go back to Manga Studio for further editing.

-vern
NightmanGX

Post by NightmanGX »

Actually I use both programs together. I only have Manga Sudio Debut, but it is very powerful for doing sketchs with my Wacom tablet. But since it is Debut there is no vector drawing ability. However since I have Anime Studio Pro I can just import my sketch into AS and just trace it and end up with very nice lines and colors.

Now thats simply what I use it for. There is no way for the programs to communicate, except by exporting your pictures to a raster format, and importing the picture into the other program as a raster format.

This is a sketch of the villian Vaati from the popular game fanchise Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap. I was trying to give him a more anime form like the characters in Twilight Princess. This sketch was done in Manga studio.

Then I imported it into Anime studio as a tracing image and came up with this.

Manga Studio Debut is a great program for drawing. It's cheap if your looking for a good drawing program. However if your not looking to do manga or just sketching, I would not reccomend this. If your looking for a program like Photoshop you should check out the GIMP or Paint.net.
omenriver

Post by omenriver »

I am not a GREAT ARTIST
I can sketch and draw a bit but I am no master
So I guess I am looking for a simplest program
with a good amount of assistance

Plus I would like to have a Comic Book version of some of the animations I am trying to do..

Omen River
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Check out some of the Crazy Talk videos and see if this is something you can use. The "Kids Sketch" video shows what you can accomplish with very little drawing skill. I know I was impressed.

Crazy Talk 6 Demos
Jean_R

Post by Jean_R »

About vectorization > this is still a big work as long as automated processes have not yet human will. (this is fill; this is edge, etc ...)

Manga Studio EX 4 (the last one) exports in EPS format but keep in mind that EPS is just a container, so it handles vectors &/or bitmaps.
Unfortunately it is the second option for MS 4 EX, plus bad monochrome (2bits) only.
That is specified into the manual. It is due that MS 4, as Moho/AS6 have each their own vector *interpretator* even AS can "communicate better with EPS in its old v8 version. Meanwhile, those softwares are really, really awesome.

You can try Inkscape that offers a good free vectorization tool from "potrace" open source tool. Then export to EPS.

You can also try vector magic.

Try to find a good size to the source (bitmap) file. Not necessary a huge size. This will affect the render time and add to much (un-editable) details.
For a good start, you may try a 150 dpi from your drawn.

My English is so poor, hope this helped.

[edit] awwww, old post !
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

I use Lightwave3d to convert all of Manga Studio 3D LWO files into OBJ file for Anime Studio pro.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

ruscular3d wrote:I use Lightwave3d to convert all of Manga Studio 3D LWO files into OBJ file for Anime Studio pro.
Now I would really like to see a tutorial/demo video of that process in action!
ruscular3d

Post by ruscular3d »

LWO is lightwave native obj file, so really not much of a tutorial needed. I just import it to Lightwave and then export it back out to OBJ file. Then drop the 3d obj file into Anime Pro.

http://www.gentlechifitness.com/images/CityFprj.mov
Distinct Sun

Manga export

Post by Distinct Sun »

When using Manga Studio EX, you can export to layered photoshop file and then import that into Anime Studio 8 Pro. The layers stay intact, but the vector layers are rasterized somewhere in the process.

I did a similar thing as NightmanGX, except instead of using as an onionskin. I used the Trace Image function on each layer and then colorized. I had 5 sketched layers.

http://i.imgur.com/wY1Gi.jpg[img]http:/ ... /wY1Gi.jpg[/img]Image