Question about AS 6

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

andrewjs

Question about AS 6

Post by andrewjs »

Can anyone explain exactly what is "motion tracking" and "blend morph" in the new version? Are these two features not possible in 5.6? I don't really know what they are, but am thinking about upgrading.

I am too new to AS to properly understand their use.

Andrew
Genete

Post by Genete »

In a few words:
Import a video, select a region of the video and stick a bone to it. The bone would follow the video portion (if it still visible) with the motion track feature.

Blend morph combines two pose actions (of one frame length) into another one by morphing both actions together with defined influence for each pose action on the final result.

Dig the forum on that ad you'll find some examples.
-G
GCharb

Post by GCharb »

Hello all!

Motion tracking allows for a character you animate in aspro to be synchronized with video footage, like a cartoon dog chassing a real live footage of a running car.

That technique was used in Roger Rabbit so the cartoons would not look out of place or non sychnonized with the real live footage.

As for morph blending, say you have a face with many expressions on several action layers, with blend morph you can use sliders and combine all those expressions into one, say, 10% of a certain expression, then 22% of another, then 78% of a third one etc.

That way you could setup a few key expressions and create any expression you like, well used in the 3D world.

Hope this helped!

Gilles
andrewjs

Post by andrewjs »

i have a question about morph blending to see if I understand it. I am new to AS, so there might be other ways to accomplish this (easily) than morph blending, or perhaps blending is not capable of this.

I am not good at drawing, which handicaps me as an animator. Being able to draw different views of a character as they turn around, or a building as you move around it, is very challenging for me. This is why I am curious about 3D techniques within AS (the ability to create and rotate a cube is fascinating to me). Being able to turn heads and bodies easily without drawing skills is what I'm after.

Using morph blend, would it be possible to take several different photos of a building from different angles (or a small model of a building), then trace over each photo, and then blend from one to the other to make it appear that you are moving closer and around a building? The other option would be to model that building in 3D. Since a building would usually have sharp corners, this seems possible.

I am guessing that it is not really possible to create a spherical 3D shape like you can create a3D cube, is this right? Thus creating a head in 3D would be unrealistic, and unlike creating a cube.
twillis

Post by twillis »

I am still learning to draw, as well. One idea I am playing with is to create a 3D object in another program and import it into AS. Then I trace over the shapes with AS vector shapes, sort of like rotoscoping.
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

AnimeStudioPro 6 is the best program I have ever used for compositing. The incorporation of more music tracks- ahhhh happiness goes on forever................especially the ease of drawing.
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
chucky

Post by chucky »

motion tracking

Click on this link regarding motion tracking feature in Anime
Rudiger

Post by Rudiger »

andrewjs wrote:i have a question about morph blending to see if I understand it. I am new to AS, so there might be other ways to accomplish this (easily) than morph blending, or perhaps blending is not capable of this.

I am not good at drawing, which handicaps me as an animator. Being able to draw different views of a character as they turn around, or a building as you move around it, is very challenging for me. This is why I am curious about 3D techniques within AS (the ability to create and rotate a cube is fascinating to me). Being able to turn heads and bodies easily without drawing skills is what I'm after.

Using morph blend, would it be possible to take several different photos of a building from different angles (or a small model of a building), then trace over each photo, and then blend from one to the other to make it appear that you are moving closer and around a building? The other option would be to model that building in 3D. Since a building would usually have sharp corners, this seems possible.

I am guessing that it is not really possible to create a spherical 3D shape like you can create a3D cube, is this right? Thus creating a head in 3D would be unrealistic, and unlike creating a cube.
Check out this great demo of doing head turns using blend morphs by Selgin: Turning head with blend morphs