rigging bones in an object drawn later in the timeline

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

andrewjs

rigging bones in an object drawn later in the timeline

Post by andrewjs »

i drew an object, but later in the timeline. so, i can't use the add bone tool, since the object was drawn at frame 0, from what i gather.

is there a way to move this object back to the beginning so it is present at the frame 0 area for rigging. i can only draw the individual time line points back to frame 1. or perhaps there is some other way to do this?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Version 6 has the option of simply don't let you draw out frame zero. Personally, I unchecked this, but this implies be very careful.
But there is a simple solution, select all the keyframes created in the frame where you drew the object, copy and paste them on frame zero (now you can delete the out of zero keyframes).

Remember you can rig a character on frame 0 and make it invisible on frame zero and make it re appear on the frame you want. This is useful if you don't want a character since the animation begins.
andrewjs

Post by andrewjs »

when i copy and paste the keyframes to 0, which works, i cannot delete the original key frames. i can select them, but the will not delete. i have enabled all timeline channels to display to make all are being copied and pasted.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

oh, are you sure you copy and paste all of them?
If you are, can you send me the file to take a look? I have tried here and all works ok.
andrewjs

Post by andrewjs »

thanks, i'm emailing you the file in a moment.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Ok, I don't understand well your problem. I just emailed you the file with all keys on zero and no one on another frame.
I just copy and paste the frames again, on each layer. then delete all the keys except which are on frame zero.
I think your problem could be there were keys you didn't see and for this reason you didn't copy.
There are some keyframes which can't be erased, because it would be illogical. For example, the curvature channel. When you draw a shape, no matters in which frame, immediately will appear a curvature keyframe. All points you draw has their own curvature, there can't be a line without curvature (even when it's totally sharp).
So, if you created a shape, for example, on frame 20, you can't just erase the curvature keyframe, first you must have a support on a previous frame, I mean, a keyframe on a previous frame (zero, on the ideal case). That is what we made when copy all the keyframes on frame zero. Without doing that, many keyframes on frame 20 can't be eliminated.
Imago

Post by Imago »

selgin wrote:Version 6 has the option of simply don't let you draw out frame zero.
It's possible have a similar function on ASP Pro 5.6, using script or something else?
Sorry for my bad english... Q_Q
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Imago wrote:
selgin wrote:Version 6 has the option of simply don't let you draw out frame zero.
It's possible have a similar function on ASP Pro 5.6, using script or something else?
Actually I remember there are a group of scripted tools which works just like this. Take a look on search, if I remember well, DK asked it.