media management question

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DaleG

media management question

Post by DaleG »

I have completed a final cut pro project which I now want to archive and keep all the media together. The project contains many quicktime files created as exports from Anime Studio 5 projects. Using FCP media management I have all the files archived, but I'd like to move the anime studio projects (and all its associated files) to the same file system.

How do I locate all the associated png images so that I can move them to the archived fcp folder and then reset them as the source image? Is there an automated process for media management in Anime Studio 5?

(I know how to reset the current image file to a new file, but how do I relocate the current image file to a new location.. or locate the current image file so that I can move it and then reassociate it?)

thanks!
Genete

Post by Genete »

I think that the only way to make a project movable you have to store your anme file in the top of the folder structure. Then the relative path are always kept so you shouldn't have problems when you change the root of the project location.
-G
DaleG

Post by DaleG »

Many of the projects are set up that way and I can move them.. but I have some projects that opened png image files from misc places on my computer and now Id like to locate where those are so that I can redirect them all to the same place. I know how to reset the current png image file to a new one.. but Im unsure how to locate where the original is... I had a similar problem with Motion files.. but in motion I can go to the media tab and do "show in finder" then take that file, move it to the proper place and reconnect to that file... Is there any type of "show in finder" feature in anime studio 5 to help me relocate the image files to the correct relative path?

thanks
rylleman

Post by rylleman »

I've written a small script that gives you the path to one selected image, List Source Image.
I've planned on extending the script to list all images and resources, open file browser and even collect all assets into one folder/archive. But it's pretty low on my list right now.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

rylleman wrote:I've planned on extending the script to list all images and resources, open file browser and even collect all assets into one folder/archive. But it's pretty low on my list right now.
I think that Vern was working on the same idea, maybe you could fusion your scripts and create a super mega consolidation script.
DaleG

list source image script

Post by DaleG »

I downloaded the list source image script and it came as a txt file.. I put the file in the scripts/menu/image folder but it doesnt come up as a choice under the scripts menu when I use anime studio 5 (mac)

I tried deleting the txt ending so that it ended in lua but that didnt work either..