It's here!! Anime Studio 6 is available :)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

oferhod

It's here!! Anime Studio 6 is available :)

Post by oferhod »

:D
Just got an email from them
Upgrading at contentparadise

Watch out win upgraders, they have a little mistake with the links. Just make sure you're ordering the right version. (I chose win and got mac). :!:
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Once again, where was the big announcement? SM, if you want to get ahead of this 'bad handling' feeling a lot of people have been getting around here, you might try saying something like: "AS6 releases tomorrow!" Any heads up at all is always much better than "oh, look, someone stumbled across it".
oferhod

Post by oferhod »

here is the link for upgrade:
http://www.contentparadise.com/SaleGrou ... aa&sgid=26

Just make sure you're ordering the right version
(I chose win and got mac)
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

viewtopic.php?t=13531

It's tuesday morning just as the announcement indicated... however it is 5:00am on the west coast which might indicate they are all asleep. ;)

-vern
Manu

Post by Manu »

One thing puzzles me though. Do you get a dual platform license when you buy the physical version?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Manu wrote:One thing puzzles me though. Do you get a dual platform license when you buy the physical version?
No I don't think so. The version is "most likely" tied to the platform you bought it "for". It is so much cheaper to have just one disk, one box. Put both on one disk and then the serial number will determine what platform it can install on.

I'm only guessing. I don't know for sure. I've bought software in the past that worked this way though.

-vern
pwyskowski

Post by pwyskowski »

When I bought Anime Studio Pro 5, I bought the download version.

I'm curious that if I order the physical version of the upgrade, would the old serial number be enough or would it expect the CD-Rom from the physical version of ASP5?
Manu

Post by Manu »

heyvern wrote:No I don't think so. The version is "most likely" tied to the platform you bought it "for". It is so much cheaper to have just one disk, one box. Put both on one disk and then the serial number will determine what platform it can install on.
Well, when you order the physical version, nowhere can you choose which platform you're interested in which suggest you'll get licenses for both platforms.

Of course, your upgrade can only work on the platform you currently own. But the full version also seems to come on a dual platform disk.

The full version is down to $169 at Content Paradise. The upgrade version comes in at $129. Effectively, you can upgrade to a dual platform license for $40 extra by getting the full version.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

I still think the upgrade cost of $129 is a total rip! I'm not one who needs the latest and greatest version all the time so I'll be waiting til the upgrade deal gets a little more realistic. Good luck guys...

Also, the release build-up seems to have been non-existent. I know Modo is just about to come out with the next version any day. The build-up has been over months. Videos released showing the new features in action and improvements. Lots of screen shots and documentation. Just a whole lot of hype. The same went for Lightwave Core with a count down clock to boot.

But with the release of AS6 its been almost silent and lots of hear say. Not a very good way to release your next version in my book.
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

Again, I wonder about something though....

Why are we learning about the upgrade from a user first and not from SmithMicro?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Smith-Micro posted in the Announcements thread.

Dude.
slice11217

Post by slice11217 »

My bad.

I rarely look at that heading since, well, for the last two years there's rarely been anything new there. :-)
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

True, but that doesn't show much excitement about your latest release. I'd think you make a few posts on the forums as well.
14greg20

Post by 14greg20 »

So my one questions about this upgrade. I'm sure others have had this problem. I originally bought it for windows but then bought a mac and got rid of my old windows computer. So I want to upgrade from a windows serial to a mac serial so that I can use Anime Studio again. I'm screwed right? I need to buy the full update I suspect
Ttomak

Post by Ttomak »

14greg20 wrote:So my one questions about this upgrade. I'm sure others have had this problem. I originally bought it for windows but then bought a mac and got rid of my old windows computer. So I want to upgrade from a windows serial to a mac serial so that I can use Anime Studio again. I'm screwed right? I need to buy the full update I suspect
Do you mean upgrading from AS5 Win to AS6 Mac? That's not a problem.

AS5 Win to AS5 Mac, on the other hand? Likely not (unless it's from standard to Pro), but you should contact their support to see what your options are.