It's here!! Anime Studio 6 is available :)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

14greg20

Post by 14greg20 »

Ttomak wrote: Do you mean upgrading from AS5 Win to AS6 Mac? That's not a problem.
yes! thanks for the clarification. I was worried I'd buy the mac upgrade and then not be able to use it
windstormer

Post by windstormer »

I got it and am VERY happy!

I went through Content Paradise. The MicroSmith website is having shopping cart issues.

Huge difference from 5.6 and works beautifully! :D

Thank you to all of the developers! Vern, I'm looking forward to the tutorials. Any new scripts will be fully welcomed.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

windstormer wrote:The MicroSmith website is having shopping cart issues.
And their link in Forum announcements to ASP returns a 404.

If I say it, I'll get banned.

Rhoel
AmigaMan

Post by AmigaMan »

Yeah, the forum announcement link is broken as you say Rhoel!
I ended up having to go through Content Paradise which was a bit of an ordeal in itself! Eventually I managed to download so I'm just about to have a look
:D
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Mikdog wrote:Smith-Micro posted in the Announcements thread.

Dude.
That was some time after the original poster here mentioned it.
Rhoel wrote:And their link in Forum announcements to ASP returns a 404.

If I say it, I'll get banned.
I feel the same way, man. No dissension in the ranks you soldiers!
Ttomak

Post by Ttomak »

synthsin75 wrote:
Mikdog wrote:Smith-Micro posted in the Announcements thread.

Dude.
That was some time after the original poster here mentioned it.
I don't want to drag out the issue, but to be fair, newsletters from Content Paradise (or just about anywhere else, for that matter) can be set to be automatically sent out at 3am or any other ungodly hour to catch all the early risers.

I'm pretty sure that Agent Smith, on the other hand, can't be set to automatically update this forum at 3am while he's unconscious in bed (and there is also the 3 hour difference between the East and West coasts). Keep in mind that he's not allowed to announce anything definite like this until the company (which is a publicly traded company) itself does so first, what with the federal laws put in place after Enron and all.

I know, we don't get first dibs on the news at this forum - we get them a couple of hours later. But is a couple of hours really that big a deal? Especially when we get to play with the free AS6 demos here while the rest of the world doesn't even know about the free demos?
FCSnow

Post by FCSnow »

Anime Studio 6 has finially arrived! Great! Marvelous! Spectacular!

Ahh... I have just some questions before I lay down 129 leaves of lettuce for an upgrade.

What does it do that version 5.6 can't do?. What makes it better than version 5.6?

F.C.Snow
Precise Planning And Timing
Never Suceeds Like Dump Luck.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Ttomak wrote:I know, we don't get first dibs on the news at this forum - we get them a couple of hours later. But is a couple of hours really that big a deal? Especially when we get to play with the free AS6 demos here while the rest of the world doesn't even know about the free demos?
You want to know about the upcoming release and feature set of Modo or Lightwave Core? Just go to the website and check out the videos and announcements. There is no secret that can't be stated until the product is released. That's just ridiculous. There are reasons why you wouldn't want to state much about the product til its released...and none of them, that come to mind, are positive .
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

I just bought my copy of Anime Studio Pro 6 thru the smithmicro website and didn't have any issues, but my pesky e-mail account put their download link in the spam folder. Bad e-mail. Bad bad!

FCSnow, try the free 30 day trial demo:

http://my.smithmicro.com/downloads/trials/animepro.html
http://my.smithmicro.com/downloads/tria ... tudio.html

or check out the manual(for Pro, not Debut) which lists the new features in detail:

http://www.darthfurby.com/as/AnimeStudi ... Manual.pdf
Ttomak

Post by Ttomak »

InfoCentral wrote:You want to know about the upcoming release and feature set of Modo or Lightwave Core? Just go to the website and check out the videos and announcements. There is no secret that can't be stated until the product is released. That's just ridiculous. There are reasons why you wouldn't want to state much about the product til its released...and none of them, that come to mind, are positive .
That's a different topic than what I and the others were commenting on :) But I see what you're talking about and I think that, if you don't want to accept the answers already given to us by Mike, then the only source to get the ultimate, final, end-all answer to this question from is Bill Smith himself, and I'm fairly positive he doesn't come to this forum.

I agree that knowing what the new features are in advance is nice. I'm drooling over each new tidbit about Starcraft 2. But if Blizzard decided not to release any information about SC2 until it actually releases the game, that's not going to make the game any better or any worse. It'll be the same game either way.

So I guess I'm just saying I don't get where all this anger (or whatever it is) is coming from. It's not like Smith Micro trying to sell you AS6 without telling you what's new in AS6 - they're just waiting until AS6 is actually available before telling you what's in it. And people like Vern were involved with it, so it's not like everyone at this forum was completely ignored. So I don't see anything nefarious about it, but then that's just me. Again, not here to argue, just trying to see both sides of things. Many countries go to war for stupid reasons these days because they refuse to see the other side of things. Not saying this is a stupid argument by any means, but like I said, nothing wrong in seeing the other side of things too. I guess it's time for me to shut up now.
Agent_Smith

Post by Agent_Smith »

synthsin75 wrote:Once again, where was the big announcement? SM, if you want to get ahead of this 'bad handling' feeling a lot of people have been getting around here, you might try saying something like: "AS6 releases tomorrow!" Any heads up at all is always much better than "oh, look, someone stumbled across it".
I posted last week that it would be early this week, then again that it would probably be Monday night or Tuesday, then at 3:40 am this morning I posted an announcement in the announcements forum that it would be available this morning but I wasn't sure what time.

Man, I'm glad you don't know where I live. :)
sfb

Agent Smith

Post by sfb »

I appreciate your efforts Agent Smith. I'm glad you're posting to the forum more frequently now too. Although I'm not sure you feel that way at the moment :wink:

I downloaded the trial and played a bit. This morning before work I purchased the upgrade. I've spent a couple hours running through the quick start guide and playing with the tools.

I really like 6. I haven't run into any of the problems that caused me pain earlier in my learning. I'm either getting better at following direction (unlikely) or it's better.

Scott
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Agent_Smith wrote:
synthsin75 wrote:Once again, where was the big announcement? SM, if you want to get ahead of this 'bad handling' feeling a lot of people have been getting around here, you might try saying something like: "AS6 releases tomorrow!" Any heads up at all is always much better than "oh, look, someone stumbled across it".
I posted last week that it would be early this week, then again that it would probably be Monday night or Tuesday, then at 3:40 am this morning I posted an announcement in the announcements forum that it would be available this morning but I wasn't sure what time.

Man, I'm glad you don't know where I live. :)
Hey, you've already told me that you aren't SM, so just don't answer up for them. Seriously, at least Mike can manage to bring a professionalism even to dealing with those he may not like or agree with. That's part of being a public face for a company.

In other words, you aren't helping anything at all by responding in this manor. It doesn't reflect well on the professionalism of SM employees. Just try to manage to let some things slide.
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

Why is the Comparative Upgrade Costs thread locked? That's a little disturbing.
Magnatude

Post by Magnatude »

Thats ok, I had my post there "mysteriously disappear" from that thread after posting it, and then it was locked. :?

(I'll refrain from repeating my post in case I was the reason)