Comparative Upgrade Costs

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

foundmarble

Post by foundmarble »

I really never understood these threads concerning price.

If I think a product is too much, I don't buy it.
Trust me, if the price is too much, the market will force it down. It always does. It may take a little while, however, it will in time.

I personally think this is well within the market concerning these products (actually even lower). If it gains even more steam, I would expect the price to go higher. (look at Maya, PS or Flash)

As for me and version 6....I do not see the value in upgrading since I love 5.6. It has nothing to do with price. It has more to do with what I need.

Mo cap > cool. > not needed for me.
Morphing > cool. > Can do this manually with actions
Content Library > good addition, a step in the right direction. >not needed for me. (It's called import...thumbnails)
Auto shading > mixed feeling about this > I really am skeptically about "auto" anything when it come to creativity. I like building my own highlights/shadowing
scatter brush > again cool addition > can get this effect other ways.

All in all, this is a great product, but again, not enough value to fork out the money for me since I already have an excellent product in 5.6 (thanks to scripts from the people on the forum). Maybe v7 will give me the itch.

SIDE NOTE: With PS, I buy every other or every third upgrade. I think we as a society have upgrade fever.

my 2 cents.

Peace,
Found M
InfoCentral

Post by InfoCentral »

foundmarble wrote:All in all, this is a great product, but again, not enough value to fork out the money for me since I already have an excellent product in 5.6 (thanks to scripts from the people on the forum). Maybe v7 will give me the itch.
Its funny that you point that out. After reading the review on Debut 6 that was posted I have been contemplating downgrading to it verses upgrading my Pro version. That would be the difference between $19 and $129 while providing most of the features I would use. Perhaps the next version I will take advantage of the level upgrade policy.