Anime Studio 6 Pro - HD Youtube tutorials online

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Anime Studio 6 Pro - HD Youtube tutorials online

Post by heyvern »

I have uploaded 3 new "tutorials" for Anime Studio 6. They mostly cover the pro version at this time, but some of the information is applicable to Debut. I will be doing more of these focusing on specific features and techniques over the next few weeks.

These are best viewed in HD quality (click the HD button in Youtube) and set to full screen. I'm pleased with the quality... uh... the video quality. The content quality is up to you guys to decide. ;)

Anime Studio 6 Overview - part 1 of 2
This is part 1 of an overview of the menus and some new features in v6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIF1rmjvmNU

Anime Studio 6 Overview - part 2 of 2
This is part 2 of an overview of the menus and some new features in v6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJEvfNP0Fxg

Anime Studio 6 Tutorial - Time Line Channel View
This is a tutorial in response to some concerns about the new channel view in Anime Studio 6.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCaNXObF3uY

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

I've just seen your first part of the introduction and I noticed that when the action is being edited, the time line doesn't get cyan like in the previous version. Is that correct? The cyan timeline was a very good thing to not get lost between actions edition and main timeline edition. In fact I prefer it a darker color. It is customizable now?
-G
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Not sure exactly what you mean. Are you talking about the dark blue line around the time line in 5.6 when editing an action? I don't have any "cyan" color but those can be changed in the GUI prefs. You may have something changed that I don't. Or it may be part of the "linux" system that controls it.

The action view in the time line is VERY VERY clearly different from the main time line in v6. From my point of view not having really created a lot of actions in AS 6 before doing this tutorial I wouldn't get confused at all.

The main time line view is a "dark gray". The action time line view is "whitish". Very clearly different.

Yes, you can change the "background" of the action time line in the GUI preferences. However it is listed under "text background". Whatever color you choose for that effects ALL text box background colors.

I think the default settings are fine for me. It's very clear. Even more so than 5.6.

-vern
Genete

Post by Genete »

To be more precise the color is (in HTML): e7ebef
The thing is that you were editing the action in the sequencer not the Channels so I cannot see how does it look in the sequencer.

Just one advise. Don't be so nervous with the mouse during the explanations. It is very distracting to have all those pop up menus meanwhile you're explaining just one of the new features.

In the introduction I've missed an example of the multiple layer selection.

-G
knunk

Post by knunk »

Thanks Vern. You star.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Just started watching. Very good so far. One error. When talking about the frame zero lock for drawing tools, you also include shape (Fill) tools such as changing shape color or stroke. These are not locked, only those in the 'Draw' section.

Just a heads up. :wink:
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Thanks Synth <sigh>

I was so hoping that was "right" but deep down I knew it wasn't. I did this EXACT SAME TUTORIAL 5,000,000 TIMES... Okay... maybe not that many times. :oops: but it sure feels like it. I would bet in every single one before this one I never mentioned fills and shapes... <sigh> ;)

If anyone is interested... Camtasia is worth EVERY FREAKING GOSH DANGED PENNY! Camstudio... crap.... wink... crap... Camtasia? FANFREAKINGAWESOME! I did this thing so many times in Camstudio... every time there was some glitch either in the audio, video or after uploading to youtube. Camtasia was PERFECT.

I will do a simple audio patch over that section and reupload it ASAP. IN the mean time I can put in an "annotation" in Youtube with the correction. See that? Camtasia... I can just rerecord a short insert and stick it in over the project file and export a new video.

If anyone plans to do a lot of tutorials like this and wants them to go smoothly and easily I highly recommend Camtasia.

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

heyvern wrote:If anyone plans to do a lot of tutorials like this and wants them to go smoothly and easily I highly recommend Camtasia.
Thanks for the tip. I'm planning to make some tutorials in spanish. In youtube there are some in spanish, but they are frankly horrible. Even there are one that actually is a tutorial made by me here on the forum, but with the text captured and putted in the video, obviously, with some aleatory techno music on background.
Thanks for this ones, AS really needs good tutorials on youtube, and you have made them pretty good.

PD: it's great, even in normal quality the tutorials can be seen without any problem. Every menu can be read and every point and line can be seen. Fantastic for my slow connection.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Great news Vern. I plan on using Camtasia for any future tutes already. :D
jackismyazz

Post by jackismyazz »

i was thinking of series of tutorials for my new web but cant untill i buy AS6 and i cant buy untill i get rid of some troja. :oops:
AniPierre

Post by AniPierre »

Hey Vern (snicker),

Thanks for the awesome tutorials. These are enormously helpful and are really getting me psyched for the updated program.

Pierre
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

You're voice sounds a little different from what I remember, but it's been so long now maybe I'm going senile.

Love the videos! Kind of fun to make aren't they?
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

DarthFurby wrote:You're voice sounds a little different from what I remember, but it's been so long now maybe I'm going senile.
Someone said I need to sound more "peppy". <sigh> remember this was take: 3,419... by that time I had said the phrase: "This is a really exciting new feature..." About a bazillion times and I think my heart wasn't in it. Plus I believe it was either very very late or very very early... depending on your perspective of time on a quantum level.
;)
Love the videos! Kind of fun to make aren't they?
They are now with Camtasia. I know it seems expensive but when something works and works well especially for this type of thing, it's worth it. Ironically, Camtasia costs more than AS Pro. ;)

-vern
chucky

Post by chucky »

Good stuff Vern, That was both concise and comprehensive.
Is that even possible?
On the issue of spicing up the video, no, I'm not suggesting editing in Vern's interpretive dance show, though it heard it is very good.
Have you ever seen the video copilot tutes? Well ever so randomly an amusing or strange anecdote is thrown into the mix, just to keep the audience on their toes, it lightens the whole thing up a bit just when it start getting very dry and technical.
Interpretive dance might not hurt though.
:wink:
KenW

Post by KenW »

very informative and pretty easy to follow. Keep up the good work !

:D :wink: