lacking some basic understanding of how image layers work

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I have two guesses. The first is not so likely...

Are you using AS 6?

If so select the image layer. Are any channels visible? If there are no keys on the image layer there will be NO channels visible. If any channels appear then you have a key. You did clear animation so this isn't likely.

----------------

Is the camera moving in "3D"? Did you roll the camera and do you have Enable 3D camera turned on in the project settings? This will create the "illusion" that the image layer is "skewing" as the camera rolls. That's my guess.

-vern
basshole

Post by basshole »

Oh holy Jeezum crow. It was the 3D camera. I still don't know why that affected it 'cause I only ever did zooms and tracking, none of this fancy rolling you kids are always on about. Alright, I turned it off, and if I turn it back on, may one of you reach out of your computers and slap me.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Zoom and tracking have an effect on the 3D angle of the view of layers. When you pan left to right you get a parallax shift. When you zoom the depth changes changing the perspective.

-vern
basshole

Post by basshole »

That makes sense cause of reality, but I"ve never noticed it in ASP EXCEPT with image layers. I guess I'll leave it off until I actually do something with the 3D.
tonym

Post by tonym »

slowtiger wrote:Too late to help you with your file, but here's what I do:

I always keep stuff pretty much in its original shape and size in frame #0. All that shearing and transforming I do in #1. This way I always have a frame position I can return to when I fucked up everything, and copy my default from there. You can also paste your arrangements to some frame later in time, well after your scene.
That is a damn good tip. I'm doing that from now on. Thanks.
Darramouss

Post by Darramouss »

I never thought of that. I've wasted heaps of times going back in time machine to get retrieve my animation file after I'd changed frame 0 and saved it. No longer!!

(slowtiger, you said the f word!! I never thought of you as a swearer, most likely as the person in your profile picture, [don't know if that's you], doesn't look like a swearer. Me, every second word out of my mouth is filth. Pure filth...)
Sheer will is my greatest talent - Sledge Hammer!
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

he, in Germany we aren't as obsessed with swearing as US-american TV and public seem to be. We just do it, and there's no national crisis because of that.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

The picture looks uncannily like Joseph Beuys, a German artist...
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
F.M.

Post by F.M. »

Time to get a new secret identity!
"and then Man created god!"