Is the PDF manual going to be available on Amazon?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

ruibjr

Is the PDF manual going to be available on Amazon?

Post by ruibjr »

I was reading throught the PDF manual and would like to purchase the printed version.
I am going to buy ASP6 when it becomes availlable, in digital form, not the box via mail, but I am willing to purchase the printed manual.
Is it going to be availlable separatelly? Via Amazon?
Thanks,
Rui
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

It might be simple enough to take the pdf to a local print shop and have them print it out and bind it for you. I've done that myself before. They can just print it out in "booklet" format, put in a simple spiral binding. Might even be cheaper if you don't need color.

-vern
dueyftw

Post by dueyftw »

You could use Lulu.com and have it as a private unpublished book to yourself. Then you can make your own cover. This should be reasonable if you don't have to have color printing.

Dale
ruibjr

Post by ruibjr »

I was really willing to buy the manual from SM.
See, I am just trying to figure ways to support SM and Mike.
I would also like to find ways to support Vern and the other scripting gurus here.
I am so glad I have found ASP.
Having the official manual, purchased rom SM, would be another way to support software development.
But, yes, if that is not possible, I am going to hve it printed on a printing buro.
Cheers.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Vern, I forgot to tell you, I'm really excited to read the reference to poses in the manual :)
thank you for this.
And, the manual is great, really like what AS deserves. I want to translate it to spanish, when have some news, I'll tell you. :D
omenriver

Post by omenriver »

Where can I find the PDF? I searched the CD.

Omen River
Ttomak

Post by Ttomak »

You'll have to install the program first. Inside the program, go to the Help menu and click on Help again.
omenriver

Post by omenriver »

Ttomak wrote:You'll have to install the program first. Inside the program, go to the Help menu and click on Help again.
OK. I got there but Saying it as a PDF did not seem like an Option.
It is fine.
I can work from the Tutorial. I thought I had missed something
Thanks.

Omen River
sfb

Post by sfb »

Weird.

The manual is the "Help..." link under the Help menu. It should open in Acrobat Reader since it is a PDF (at least under Windows - I would expect it is on a Mac and Linux as well).

Using the default Windows install, the file is here:

C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 6\AnimeStudioPro.pdf

Hope that helps.

Scott
omenriver

Post by omenriver »

sfb wrote:Weird.

The manual is the "Help..." link under the Help menu. It should open in Acrobat Reader since it is a PDF (at least under Windows - I would expect it is on a Mac and Linux as well).

Using the default Windows install, the file is here:

C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Anime Studio Pro 6\AnimeStudioPro.pdf

Hope that helps.

Scott
Thanks. I am not on the Pro Version . . . yet.
I just picked up Anime Studio 5.
Wanted to get to know it a bit before I jumped to the 'big leagues'

Omen River
sfb

Post by sfb »

Sorry, I should have asked the version.

I don't believe the Anime 5 help was in PDF format. I believe it was an actual help file. I'm sure someone else will correct me if I'm wrong.

Scott
judahlion

Post by judahlion »

HTML files actually :D
Agent_Smith

Post by Agent_Smith »

Well what happened was we surveyed existing users. Sorry if many of you weren't among them. A high percentage complained about the html and not being able to print it. So we switched to pdf.

The cost of printing the manuals was indeed high but the real reason we won't offer them is that I'm a bark eating, tree hugging, VW Van fixin' old Santa Cruz hippie and I couldn't find anyone that could print on even 20% recycled paper for a price I could get approved. So if you want to kill some trees you're unfortunately on your own. That's why we went with PDF. Me, I'm off to Starbucks to get a Venti Latte in a paper cup with a cardboard sleeve. Call me a Hippie-crite I guess. :)

In all seriousness, we're trying to be green so we decided not to print it and it won't be available as a printed manual.
sfb

Post by sfb »

I like the move to PDF.

The old way was a bit annoying. The new one looks a lot better although I've only skimmed at it far.
El Samo

Post by El Samo »

I printed the old Help file, but it took me a couple of afternoons and I wasted a lot of paper. Printing from PDF is much easier.

But anyway, it's well worth the effort.