Anime Studio 6 Info

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jackismyazz

Post by jackismyazz »

DominiqueBray wrote:I start looking for another animation software to use in addition to ASP and so I prefer keeping my $120 for it.
I like 2D animation softwares, so please don't forget to inform me 'if u find any software that u could buy with your 120$ or maybe 200$' :roll:
DominiqueBray

Post by DominiqueBray »

I went on trying this new version trial, and there are a lot of things I did not noticed at first sight. So now, I have a better idea of v6, here is what I think.

I was very happy to find a "scatter brush" ! I love to use this tool in Corel Painter, and I was not expecting such a tool in AS !

I like this red spot that tells you points will be weld.

I see cool little improvements, such as copy/paste for bones, animating the effects, at last grandients appear, and so on.

Scale keyframes : YEEES !!!!!! I did need it so many times !!!

I don't like the default interpolation to be hidden far away in the preference, I often change this setting while animating.
And I hate that we can't anymore choose which channels we want to see and which ones we want to hide.
The good-old "Timeline setting" button and panel must be back !!!

I want the good old sketch effect back !!! I noticed it is now in the noise setting, but it does not anymore have a nice result, it is ugly !
I wanted it to be improved and to be able to set a lower strengh, because I always find it too strong. Now we even can't anymore change its strengh.
I like to use it in addition to noise settings, to get a not-too-many-perfect-vectorial look, I prefer the ink or pen look I managed to get with it.
I do not manage to get a nice result any more with it. I also tried the sketchy script, and I find the result ugly.

I sure have a better feeling of it than I had at first sight, but since I don't earn money from my art yet, and I still need so much other important features, I still don't know if I will buy it or keep money for another software to use along with the previous AS.
________
LMA002
Last edited by DominiqueBray on Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Dominique, I think you should read the new forum rules.
DominiqueBray wrote:I was very happy to find a "scatter brush" ! I love to use this tool in Corel Painter, and I was not expecting such a tool in AS !
Try putting animated shapes on the scatter folder and painting on frames different than zero. It's a very cool hidden feature.
DominiqueBray wrote:And I hate that we can't anymore choose which channels we want to see and which ones we want to hide.
It's a revolutionary new feature, I didn't liked it at first too, but now everything works nice. Give it a try.
DominiqueBray

Post by DominiqueBray »

Dominique, I think you should read the new forum rules.
Ok I read it.
Sorry guys I did not mean to anoy anybody just giving my own feelings and point of vue as a user. I just wanted to tell Mike, Smith Micro, and all people related to AS, why I was not going to buy this new version of a software I love. I think it is useful when people tell if they like or not something, especially when they tell why they don't like it.
And of course, I never insulted anybody nor anybody's work, I just said I was disappointed because my own requests are still to come for now.
On the other hand, statements like this are still welcome: "Feature X doesn't work very well. If it could work like Y instead, it would actually be useful."
I should have said : The new sketch effect doesn't work very well because the result is just ugly and it is not compatible with the files I made with 5.6. So it would be usefull if it could work like before because then I managed to get nice results. Is that better ? ;)
It's a revolutionary new feature, I didn't liked it at first too, but now everything works nice. Give it a try.
My idea is we all have different ways to do things so there always will be people that like the old way and people that prefer the new way, but the only way to make everybody happy is to let both, and too much things were simply removed while they should still for people who like it, and disabled for people who dislike it. Nothing can be loved by everybody, so we should have the choice, keep choosing which channels we want, or letting it be automatic.

By the way, guys don't see my words as an attack against anybody or anything, I was just sharing my point of view thinking it could be useful. (Ok I won't do it again because of the rules.) If you could hear when I speak about Wacom's Cintiq for example, you would understand what it is when I really fire something I don't like. :lol:
I just like to tell what I think, and here I did, that's all. ;)

I am still looking for a complete list of new features and a features-comparison-table between pro and non-pro. Does it exist somewhere ? I read a few thread but no user can know really all the things.
________
Last edited by DominiqueBray on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atout66

Post by Atout66 »

I aggree with DominiqueBray.
The basic of a forum is to share experiences, good, average and bad ones.
I wonder also (I mean like propably some others) if I'll upgrade to this 6.0Pro version.
And so, I appreciate different point of view, good, average and bad ones ;-)
mytbyte

Post by mytbyte »

DominiqueBray wrote:

And I hate that we can't anymore choose which channels we want to see and which ones we want to hide.
This was the first thing I noticed when I downloaded the trial...I'd like that back too, it's a must for me...wander why was it removed?

I really appreciate the "recent file" option, but some things really didn't need to be removed like the one mentioned above...also, I was hoping for multi-threaded support as well as "remembering" the output location for exported image sequences for the particular project file, to allow for a quick start of exporting after doing some changes to animation, as opposed to browsing to the location from scratch...ALAS...
DominiqueBray

Post by DominiqueBray »

There is one thing more I miss so much while drawing with AS6, these two buttons :

I was used, while I am drawing or adding/moving some points, to click on it to quickly convert a point to peak or smooth, now I must choose the curvature tools before, each time, and it is annoying... :?

Here is my request : Please bring back these two buttons somewhere on the screen where we can directly click them while drawing or moving some points, it would be better than having to choose the curvature tool each time. ;)
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA
Last edited by DominiqueBray on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

DominiqueBray wrote:There is one thing more I miss so much while drawing with AS6, these two buttons :
Control+P, Control+M. Anyway, if you like that buttons, I think that add the tools from 5.6 to 6 could work. Then add the usual shortcuts (P and M) if you want.
DominiqueBray

Post by DominiqueBray »

Anyway, if you like that buttons, I think that add the tools from 5.6 to 6 could work
I did not thought about it. I tried copying the files into the v6 tool folder, but I get an error and they don't work.

Strange, I was sure that I have tried the keyboard shortcuts ctrl+p and ctrl+m and that they did not work anymore in V6... though I just tried again and it works now... :?
However that may be, they do work, so I'll just set them on my intuos buttons.
Thanks.
________
Lsd rehab advice
Last edited by DominiqueBray on Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

Press the Curvature tool. The buttons will appear at top.

Touched

Post by Touched »

I, too, am very interested in a comprehensive list of the differences between 5.6 and 6. This list doesn't really address the things I'd be looking for. I would like lists of new features, changed features (with detail on how they compare), and removed features. Also tips on how to cope with the removal of features we may have used, what to watch out for when opening 5.6 files and how to make them work with the changed features (such as looping, which I see is handled differently), and how to work most efficiently with the new/changed features, so that they don't involve extra steps that weren't necessary in 5.6. A wiki would be ideal. Is there one?
lidstrom5

anime studio pro 6 demo

Post by lidstrom5 »

I downloaded this program and it looks great except that I can't hear any audio in the timeline. Has this been disabled in the demo? Thanks.
omenriver

Post by omenriver »

QUESTION: Is AS6 Pro available on CD? If so where? Can I only order it at the site?

Omen River
I prefer a CD to the download.
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Last I heard it was available at WalMart?
omenriver

Post by omenriver »

Mikdog wrote:Last I heard it was available at WalMart?
Is that the FULL Version?
I got the feeling it was missing a few things

Omen River